[OFFICIAL] The Brawl Minus Bug Tracker

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
Brawl Minus Bug Tracker
Brawl Minus now has an official bug tracker, hosted on Github! This allows users to easily contribute by reporting bugs, crashes, and even request Features! In addition, it also gives users a place to keep up to date on the issues that have been reported, their priority to the devs, as well as if they have been fixed or not.
  • If you have a Github Account:
    • You may participate directly in discussions of features and bugs, as well as manually submit issues on our Github Issue Tracker
  • If you do not have an Account:
    • Those without an account can submit a bug report by simply filling out the form here, though keep in mind that you currently cannot use the labels mentioned below through this method. (Email is optional)

You are more than welcome to continue using the bug report threads if you wish, though if possible please submit an actual bug report. This will ensure that developers are notified and will prioritize the bug as soon as possible, as devs will receive a direct notification when bugs are submitted.

Rules:

• Give as much info as possible when reporting.
  • Don't use Dev reserved tags in your issues.
  • Do not report bugs or crashes when using a modified minus build
  • Be polite and respect the wishes of the developers. While this is a place you can discuss changes with devs, use common sense. Rules from the forum all apply here as well.
  • Do not request features or changes that have already been discussed with developers.
  • Check to make sure an issue hasn't already been opened before making a new one.
  • Do not ask for help running or setting up the game, that's what the forums are for.

Tag explanation
Dev only tags:
  • [Severity/Critical]
    • This bug renders the game unplayable, causes crashes in supported modes, or causes permanent damage to data or system
  • [Severity/Major]
    • This bug has a significant impact on gameplay and/or aesthetics or causes crashes in unsupported modes
  • [Severity/Minor]
    • Bugs with simple workarounds, hard to notice effects, or that are rare to the point of being near impossible to replicate
  • [Request/Feature]
    • Something new to be added to the Minus
  • [Priority/High]
    • This change must be implemented for the next version and is of maximum priority
  • [Priority/Low]
    • This change is low priority and doesn't need to be implemented for the next version of Minus but would be nice to have
  • [Unknown]
    • This issue is not described well enough to be comprehensible or is possibly inaccurate. If you can confirm or elaborate on this PLEASE do so as you read the issue
Contributer Tags:
  • [Balance]
    • A bug or otherwise gambreaking / glaring issue that has not been addressed by the dev team in the past that significantly affects balance. Do not use this tag as a way to express personal balance opinions, use common sense.
  • [Character Tags]
    • There exists a tag for each character, if your bug affects a character or characters, use these. Especially if a bug only happens against a specific character. In which case you would tag both characters.
  • [Crash]
    • Any reproducable crashes that occur during normal gameplay.
  • [Aesthetic]
    • Some form of visual or aesthetic change or bug.
  • [Stage Related]
    • Any crash or bug that seems to be related to the stage being played.
  • [Stage Specific]
    • Any crash or bug that only occurs on a specific stage.

FalconRPG

Smash Modder
Probably nothing game damaging. Here's what I've found:
  • Classic mode crashes on final stage (I abused the Satan Punch 0_0)
  • Sonic has no Knuckles costume
  • Temple preview shows Minus version but shows default stage in-game
  • Tourney is sort-of unplayable with CPU-only matches
Might be forgetting some, so I'll come back later.

Kobi_D

Bowser sometimes enters his T Pose with a neutral b in the air. Has only recently occured a couple times on dolphin.

FalconRPG

Smash Modder
More bugs and some suggestions:
  • Pichu's animations make the model look buggy.
  • Some stage previews don't match what's in-game (ex. GHZ)
  • PM Roy model*
  • More music for Final Frustration*, Lavender Town*, Peach's Castle 64, Metal Cavern*
  • SSE doesn't work
  • Roy+Pichu Kirby Hats
  • Leftover/missing costume files in build
*Optional

Last edited:
I have found a pretty critical bug... It might be a problem with my installation, because no one else has a forum for this... Every time I try to press a button using a Wii remote or any accessories that use the Wii remote such as the classic controller or nun-chuck , every button input is repeated as fast as it can be repeated... I can not use anything other that a Wii remote because my Wii doesn't have a GameCube controller port... It is an extremely annoying bug, though I can still play (sub-optimally)... On the character select screen I have a very hard time holding down the button till I can get it to select a character, as my fingers can not input one frame only... Another example is if I hold down on the C-stick in a game, it will continue spamming down smash until I let go... I am not using a modded controller, and for that matter, I have tried this with different Wii remotes, as well as with different accessories and I have restarted my Wii to no avail... If anyone could point me to a troubleshooting thread for this I would be obliged! I am happy to present any details necessary to fix this as Brawl minus is a great mod that I would love to use!