Nothing working!

Derpdood

Hello.
I have installed brawl- in the correct way. But when I use minimalauncher, it either plays like regular brawl or, which is often, freezes the game. I tried GeckOS, and it didn't work either, same results. I tried every hooktype, but none worked. I even tried formatting my 4 GB SDHC card a few times to fat32 with 32 KB allocation space. I checked the other topics, but none of the solutions helped me. My wii version is 4.3U. Please help ASAP. Thanks.
PS: my directory:
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png

Everything that I Didn't show was untouched. I installed both launchers right.

EDIT:

http://www.smashmods.com/forum/threads/32-gb-sdhc-doesnt-seem-to-play-nice-with-brawl-minus.4308/

I visited this site, and it MAY have the answer. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

NEWB

Is your sd card damaged in anyway?

The only other reason I can think of is that the sdhc code on your gct is turned off. Actually, can we see what's in your codes folder?

Derpdood

Is your sd card damaged in anyway?

The only other reason I can think of is that the sdhc code on your gct is turned off. Actually, can we see what's in your codes folder?
I bought the SDHC card two days ago. If pulling it out with tweezers is damaging it, then slightly. I dunno what's GCT.
Also,
Screenshot_3.png

that's the codes folder. I opened the config.dat and found this:
Screenshot_4.png

That's all I found. Of course, I reinstalled the mod just to make sure it (opening config.dat) didn't mess anything up.
Can I also ask how you're loading the game? (HBC, Stack Smash??, Letterbomb)
I open the homebrew channel, then I open GeckOS. I have no idea what the heck is stack smash or letterbomb or anything else.

NEWB

What kind of SDHC card is it? Maybe the wii doesn't like it?

Sounds like it should be working. Of course, you do have the brawl disc in the wii, right -_-?

NEWB

Are you a PAL user? That is, where do you live?

When you run the game with gecko os, what does it tell you? Does it say "sd codes found. Applying."?

Derpdood

Has anyone bothered reading the link I posted? Just asking.

At NEWB,

OFC I have the brawl disk inside. My wii is an american one. My brawl disc is also an american one. My SDHC card is a SanDisk one.

And yes, it does say "SD codes found, applying..."

At Doqtor Kirby

IDK how to check the code to add the extension.

And I told you, I tried minimalauncher.

QUICK REMINDER: Link is in the original post under the EDIT section.

NEWB

Yes, I read the link but it doesn't really apply to your situation, other than the simplest solution is to get a 2gig sd card. They mostly talk about doing stuff a USB and I don't know anything about that. You should already have the tools to get minus working and it sucks that it isn't. We are just trying to get you to work with what you have since it should work.

You check for the sdhc extension by downloading ocarina cheat codes manger from the resources section at the brawl vault. You open the txt file in your codes folder to get the minus code set and you look for the SDHC code extension and see if it's check marked or not. It should be easy to do.

Or just get a 2gig sd card. Don't know why yours wouldn't work if the sdhc extension is on. Once you get a to the minus strap loader screen, some people have to click past it quickly while others have to wait it out. I figure that if we get this working, that will be your next problem.