New Technique: DCCG

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Dash Crouch Cancel Grab. Discovered by accident by CaptainEllipsis, reapplied and mastered by me.

The act of canceling your dash into a crouch, then into a standing grab. This technique is most useful on characters that have a decent run speed and slide when crouch canceling from a dash. It's useful as a form of surprise, and covers good distance depending on the character that uses it. The list of characters that benefit from it are:
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Fox, Wolf, Squirtle, Charizard, Pichu, Pikachu, Snake, Pit, Rob, GW, Captain Falcon, DK, Diddy, Sheik, Link.
Some characters utilize it better than others, like Sonic and Falcon, and those not listed either have superior dash grabs or have pitiful range and thus cannot even take advantage of it. The benefit to this technique is different for each character, so feel free to try it out and improve your game!

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
Ahh this technique has benefited me greatly. I never had a name for it, so DCCG is great. :p hope others can try to master these techniques

Gold_TSG

It's crazy when combined with Sonic's boost.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Hmm. I think someone's used this on me before intentionally, and I may have done it once or twice by accident. Thanks for the tip.

Other Aether

Mediator
I do this all the time. Works great. Other dash mobility tactics of note:
Crouch cancelled dashing, which allows you to almost instantly use any neutral options (not just grabs) out of a dash.
Stutter-stepping: Cancelling the dash-startup animation into an fSmash with the c-stick.
RAR (Reverse Aerial Rush): the act of jump-cancelling your turn-around animation to use bAir exactly like you would fAir-still flying forwards. Present in vBrawl.
WDRC (Wave Dash Run Cancelling): the act of jump-cancelling your turn-around animation as Fox into a wavedash to instantaneously start running in the other direction with extra momentum and no turn-around.
DACUS (Dash Attack Cancelled Up Smash): the act of jump-cancelling your dash-attack during it's opening IASA frames and cancelling the jump start-up into an up-smash to slide extremely far (present in vBrawl).
DDSC (Dash Dance Shield Cancel): While dash-dancing (dashing back and forth extremely fast) you can cancel it into a shield.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
Just going back and forth fast isn't really Dash Dancing. Proper DDing is when you dash and return the stick to neutral before they start actually running. Basically constantly and consistently doing the Dash starup animation in either direction. When you do this there's no turnaround lag and gives you all of the neutral options.

I concider myself a master of RAR. "Bitch dont know about my back-air."

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
In vbrawl yes. I heavily dislike the amount of unneeded tech skill for brawl- wolf. But its also great for minus Jiggs, Falco, kirby, DDD (you can justI WoP for days) Diddy kong, and marth? Marth auto turns into to direction you baired which is great because it combos into what I think is the best fair in the game (which also goes nicely with dtilt). You can K.O. off his fair combos alone. Fuck tipper that shits for pussies who cant wop from the side of a stage to the other.

Kidding but thats how great it is.

Thor

I'd always thought a stutter-step was just walking forward a bit before fsmashing... but it's dash -> return analog to neutral before end of intial dash -> cstick forward (/ any other direction)? Good to know!

Nice to know about Gold_TSG. Thanks for the post.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
I'd always thought a stutter-step was just walking forward a bit before fsmashing... but it's dash -> return analog to neutral before end of intial dash -> cstick forward (/ any other direction)? Good to know!

I find it to be amazingly great with dorf, and marth

Gold_TSG

It's easier to just cancel a dash into a crouch then do a smash, IMO.

Gold_TSG

Except you aren't, since you're not stopping in place and pausing before attacking.

Gold_TSG

Cause you don't slide?

daftatt

Been doing this on Capt Falcon since I originally picked up B-, I believe it's just called "Crouch-Grab", and it's a thing in Melee and P:M too, Cactuar, a melee vet, I believe is the original creator of this and similar techniques.