New replay Thread

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Well The last replay thread died out. And Glyph's capture card died. And he left. And Doq's graphics card died too. Which means replays haven't been uploaded in a long time. We it's okay because now I can record replays and get them on YouTube relatively fast. Do you have a replay where you #swagged on someone? Did you have a really close epic game? Send it to me and I'll upload it. Channel link is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjQ0sjqxncbftsS4ys4zPDA

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
Aspect ratio is wrong!!!!!!
24a1e2cbad6f643f89b77ff5d18f44c89214777c_full.jpg

Also my GFX card was always dead. It was hit or miss recording replays on this shit box.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Aspect ratio is wrong!!!!!!

Also my GFX card was always dead. It was hit or miss recording replays on this shit box.
Turns out that using HBC on vWii makes forces the aspect ratio to 4:3. I'll fix it for later videos and reupload that one as that was a test.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
You weren't the only one with that reaction trust me. Although to be fair I can't force it back to 16:9 on the wii itself let alone the capture card.
Look into the alternate HBC for vWii. Opens in full 16:9. Beautiful. I'd give you the file, but I'm at work.

RetroStation

If it moves, SMASH IT.
So... I have a few replays lined up. Just wanted to ask if it was okay to post replays from Kien's 3.Q build.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Well guys I've done it. I've uploaded videos to the Youtube channel in the OP. These are in 720p and in the correct aspect ratio now.

If anyone wants me to record a game just send the .bin file from the rp folder on the SD card and I'll record and upload it. Somewhat related is that I'm thinking about doing a combo video so if you want me to record clips of that, send me the .bin and tell me about what time in the replay it happens (use the in game clock to do this please).

Lucis Perficio

Radiant Hero of Blue Flames
Is it possible to recover replays saved in-game through the file directory somehow, that way desktop screen recorders need not be used?

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Is it possible to recover replays saved in-game through the file directory somehow, that way desktop screen recorders need not be used?
I don't completely understand what you're asking but it is possible to extract the bin files from the sd.raw and use them on the wii with a capture card.

Lucis Perficio

Radiant Hero of Blue Flames
Let me rephrase. So you see how we save replays to the gallery in the actual game? Where are those games located when I run Brawl on Dolphin, for example. Like, can I find these replays within my file directory and view them with VLC or something?

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Let me rephrase. So you see how we save replays to the gallery in the actual game? Where are those games located when I run Brawl on Dolphin, for example. Like, can I find these replays within my file directory and view them with VLC or something?
Nope. Brawl replays are just saved inputs and aren't videos. To access them you need to put the files on an SD card.

Aspect ratio is still wrong!
At least they're in 720p?