Minus Chronicles: Revived 3 Netplay Tourney

Kboomers1918

Mayor of Capetown, Rhode Island
Minus Backroom
Ayyo, it's me again. welcoming you all to a new version AND a new MC:R!

There's nothing new here aside from a few things which will be listed in case you don't know already

Updates (may or may not be permanent):

- Malk is out so figgy is the streamer for this saturday. you can check out his channel here:
-We are using the new Minus 4.1

-There is a new clause which is explained in the rules.

Other than that everything is the same. Same time as always. Saturday 8/5 at 7pm EST. check-ins start an hour before.

Thank you all for your appreciation as I know things have been kinda hectic as of late, but I believe we'll make it through

-Maye

Welcome to MC:R!

Rules

- 1v1 Tournament, Brawl Minus 4.1

- 4 stocks, 8-minute timer

- Items are set to OFF and NONE

- Every set is best of 3 except for Winner’s Finals, Loser’s Finals, and Grand Finals which are best of 5

- Suicide Clause: If both players lose their last stock due to a suicide move and the game goes to sudden death the initiator of the move is crowned the victor of that game.

- Stalling Clause: Stalling is banned and will result in the loss of the set for the player who is committing the stalling. What is considered stalling is dependent on the Tournament Organizer.

- Time Clause: If a game goes to time the winner is determined by the player with most stocks. If stock count is tied it is determined by the player with least percentage. If that too is tied both players must play another game with 1 stock 2-minute timer with the same characters on the same stage.

- Not Showing up for a match: If a player has checked in and they need to play their match but is not there, a 7-minute timer will be placed. if they request some time to finish whatever it may be, the maximum they can request is a 10 minute timer. Failure to report back at the end of either of these times will result in a DQ.

- Lavaville Clause: If both players agree, they may gentleman to Lavaville for a First to 2 set that determines their entire set, even if it was tied 1-1 or 2-2 previously, BOTH combatants must agree for this to take place, and you can not change your mind mid set. You can't gentleman to this stage, using the gentleman's clause

- Gentleman's clause: If both players agree they may go to any stage they wish, if they go to temple and one player purposefully avoids the other player by going around in circles, I will assume you are stalling and you'll lose the match.

- DSR is in effect - NEW CLAUSE!!!! 321-Clause: If a player for whatever reason cannot play on the new dolphin build (thanks based elliot) they can request to play on the older version of dolphin. Now this may delay tourney if no one has any idea how to do it, but you should be willing to help, don't want to ruin the experience for everyone right? Anyway, if they request Dolphin 5.0-321 then the match will be played on that version sets will no be invalidated if someone decided to switch between versions because it is purely player preference. Sorry for the long rambling.
Stages:

Starters

-Battlefield

-Final Destination

-Smashville

-Pokemon Stadium 2

-Spear Pillar

Counterpicks

-Fountain of Dreams

-Dreamland

-Yoshi's Story

-Port Town Aero Dive

-75m

-Delfino Plaza

Banning phases: The player hosting the netplay room bans first. The bans for the first game in the set is 1-2-1. Subsequent matches will have the winning player ban 5 and have the loser choose 1 from the remaining list.

Grand Finals Banning: I've decided to do something a little different for GFs. Instead of just having the starter stages available. The two players in GFs will have the entire stage list to choose bans from the start of the set. The banning order will be 2-3-3-2 and the last stage left will be played on. This is for the first match, all matches after the first will have the winner ban 5 and the loser pick from the 6 remaining. DSR is not in effect for GFs so players can return to the stage they had won on.
The amount of points you would earn to determine your placement for next tournament. The points you obtain will reset every season as stages will transition. For your first entry, I will randomize your seeding if you have not entered a previous tournament or if you didn't place well in a previous tournament. After that you will earn your seeding and you will lose 10 points if you miss a tournament.
More than 32 participants
1st: 200 points
2nd: 170 points
3rd: 150 points
4th: 125 points
5th: 100 points
7th: 75 points
9th: 50 points
13th: 30 points
17th: 25 points
25th: 15 points
33rd: 10 points
17-32 participants
1st: 150 points
2nd: 125 points
3rd: 100 points
4th: 75 points
5th: 50 points
7th: 30 points
9th: 25 points
13th: 15 points
17th: 10 points
25th: 5 points

8-16 participants
1st: 100 points
2nd: 75 points
3rd: 50 points
4th: 30 points
5th: 25 points
7th: 20 points
9th: 10 points
13th: 5 points

less than 8 participants
1st: 50 points
2nd: 40 points
3rd: 30 points
4th: 20 points
5th: 10 points
7th: 5 points

Additional Crap:

-For GFs you must use the Lavaville clause BEFORE the first match of the FIRST SET starts, otherwise you can't use it, even in a bracket reset.

-Seeding points are based on participants and since this is the first one there will be no seeding. The points can be found on the Forum page for this tournament.
-For any questions, insults, and nudes you wish to send me, please contact me via Discord. Y'all should know me by now.