as far as i can tell, his u-smash's current build VS vBrawl are as follows:

Damage:
13 -> 16
Base Knockback:
32 -> 38

and the whole move was sped up by 1.2x

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I see... So I guess yeah, the usmash could be argued to be strong, but at the same time, a lot of its strength comes from the hop up in his dash attack.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
maybe just make the hop from his dash attack push opponents away?.. i mean i guess it's ability to combo into moves is kinda important, but then maybe it's kind of a "sweet spot" thing that hits them upward instead..?

PowerUp

I actually prefer to finish with dSmash. IMO, he needs the dash to combo into at least one of his smashes, otherwise he'll have serious problems approaching characters that can wall him in the air. Nerfing the dash will encourage fireball spam, which isn't fun to play.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
It is very possible to follow up a dash attack with an uSmash.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I love the dash attack....don't touch it please...

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Guys this topic is from March, and the move was already fixed.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
i think the dive from SM64 that he has now could have been on his dash grab and just done some damage as it grabbed or something, and kept the vbrawl slide as his dash attack, since it is also a cannon move... i mean it's kinda a waste to take out one canon move for another, rather than use that same move over a move that doesn't already reference that game... maybe if it was over the grab instead, it could still get the jump thing... or maybe it could be over both the grab and the dash attack, but only on dash attack if you hold A, and the vbrwal one stays over tap, or vice versa... this would put it some ability to mix up...?