Making Minus Your Own

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
We all love Minus. That's why we're here. This mod is indeed the people's mod, in that the members actually have some input into the how it turns out. That being said, we all like different things. This thread is where one can discuss people's personal twists on a great mod. From adding character textures, to custom music tracks, stages, codes, or even characters or entire custom builds of Minus. One can post their own additions or even ask for help on how to personalize Minus themselves. Pretty much what I'm asking is: How do you like your Minus?

NEWB

Well... I only used abunch of textures, custom stages, and soundtracks for my build. I wouldn't really recommend anything for official minus.

Couple things I really liked though was my custom menu soundtrack and astral phaeton destination over brawls very bright FD.

I also really liked the castlevania stage that goes over luigi's mansion. My version had the one small platform that didn't move though. I also had the final frustration stage from the brawl vault that was more hilarious than the one in minus currently.

My fav textures were my shadow Mario texture and my TP dark link texture. There was also demise texture and windwaker Ganon V2 for ganondorf.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I don't intend for this to be a "recommendations for official minus" thread lol. Things would go crazy if it was.

Lightning

Ikesexual
Pretty much what I'm asking is: How do you like your Minus?
Sunnyside up with a side of thunder.
Just kidding..

I, for one, mod the heck out of Minus. I have the Stage Expansion Pack and I also plan on adding 3 more characters with BrawlEx. I planned on having textures for all the characters but I might change my mind out of laziness.....
I only have a few custom songs, but I'm going to add more.

I'll probably upload my custom build once I get everything together and orderly. :)

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
In my own build, I have textures for every character, except for Pichu, Roy, and Wario, tons of music, and a few custom stages.

I also have a few character effect hacks, such as blue Meta Knight sword trails, Smash 4 inspired sword trails for Link, Marth, Pit, and Ike, and I gave Toon Link his voice from Spirit Tracks. I helped make this build based on my local group's opinions, but I added some personal touches as well, most notably to Kirby :p

I plan to learn BrawlEX in the future, but for now, I'll stick with the basic Minus roster.
EDIT: Learning how to make character SFX files using voices from past Smash Bros. games. Kirby is my top priority. However, I'm having trouble getting the voices to be loud enough...

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I've been custom building since the final MAX build. In my custom build, dubbed "SuperBrawlMinus", version 0.8 has 10 BrawlEx characters, Stage Expansion featuring stages from Project M, Brawl Minus, vBrawl, Melee, SuperSmashBros.64, BrawlMinusZeus, and various things I liked on the BrawlVault, Project M's Turbo Mode, and all of BrawlMinus's characters and movesets with Minus Portraits. I have put in over 50 hours into compiling the ultimate Super Smash Brothers experience for my local group. Version 0.8 is 0.8 because there are a few freezes, most BrawlEX characters don't have cosmetics, and even more don't have voices. I'm working on 1.09 now, using Kitsu-chan's BrawlEX pack as my template, and bringing Minus to it since it was built over vBrawl, which has proven to be a challenge but it is going well. Only one other person has a copy of version0.8, but I'm willing to post the link if anyone is interested.

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
My offline build is pretty simple. cBliss recolors (only recolors), as many music tracks that can fit for stages, and Random is a playable character. Yeah you wanted to play as the question mark. So does my little bro. Stage expansion is next, but how I'm gonna do that I'm not entirely sure.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Stage expansion is next, but how I'm gonna do that I'm not entirely sure.
I can help you out with stage expansion. I personally would like to learn more about it, besides using it.

NEWB

What does the character random do in minus???

I'd be very interested in having a working cbliss for my build if there aren't any issues. If you have filler for all slots, I wouldn't mind using that and replacing some.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
cBliss and textures are going to be the very last thing I do.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
The only thing I have customized right now is 'Dorf's Cancellable Warlock Punch. (Try it out!)

When I have time, I plan on adding a bunch more custom elements, like stages, textures, and music.

Only one other person has a copy of version0.8, but I'm willing to post the link if anyone is interested.
I'm interested! Please post it. Do you keep a changelog?

NEWB

So what if he does? This is the thread to post that stuff. Can't knock it before you try it. If you didn't want to discuss it further, you shouldn't have pointed it out.

I have a custom build with a ton of stuff too. I need to sort it out before I release it though.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I genuinely expected Bent to bring up the Warlock Punch change here. There's nothing wrong with him doing so, as this is a place for that. However, argument on this thread about it will cause my wrath to fall upon those involved. The world hath been warned.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
So what if he does? This is the thread to post that stuff. Can't knock it before you try it. If you didn't want to discuss it further, you shouldn't have pointed it out.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

At least give it a try -- offstage, it's a lot better than the guaranteed suicide move it was before.

I said I'm willing to take feedback and make changes, too.

Lightning

Ikesexual
I only commented on it because there's already a topic for it and its been mentioned and talked about in alot of other topics. I didn't see the need for him to create a link to it if we all know it exists.

SonicBrawler

Minus Backroom
On mine I have some BrawlEx slots, I have some characters removed for thsoe I dont use and am making PSAs for (like I have wario removed for shadow, peach removed for silver, etc) but i also have clones for people like Mewtwo and Scorpion. I also have turbo mode, and a few model imports here and there. And my own custom CSS, along with vbrawl stages, and some ones i got off of Brawl Vault.

NEWB

Willing to share, SB? I've been interested in getting a new CSS just for because. It's harder to do so now that we have our own additional slots in minus though.

NEWB

I just mean the CSS. Though since you have fiddled with the roster, I realize I might not be able to use it since I use all of minus' 41 characters and no more.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
I have a crapton of custom stuff like textures, SFXs, music and Link's Rainbow Triforce Slash. I also changed Sonic's, Snake's and CF victory themes. I can't tell you how fun it is to have Cole MacGrath with a voice from a video named Pointy Bits vs. Pokemon Trainer Snake with Metal Gear Awesome voice vs. Ninten with EarthBound SMAAAASH! over fsmash vs. Firece Deity Link with Rainbow Triforce Slash on Final Frustration while listening to Finale by Maedon.
I could upload it later if someone wants. Although I don't change or add portraits and I don't use bone, stage or moveset edits so you could use this online.

Thor

We all love Minus. That's why we're here. This mod is indeed the people's mod, in that the members actually have some input into the how it turns out. That being said, we all like different things. This thread is where one can discuss people's personal twists on a great mod. From adding character textures, to custom music tracks, stages, codes, or even characters or entire custom builds of Minus. One can post their own additions or even ask for help on how to personalize Minus themselves. Pretty much what I'm asking is: How do you like your Minus?

With 3.3 Samus having the buffs to dtilt, uthrow, and screw attack that the other Samus builds past 3.3 got.

Slow or fast lasers, it matters not on Falco. However, you are playing a very different bird depending on which you pick...

I'd want the old waiting room stage to be a real stage, with the FD+BF+random floating platforms on top of and below each of the stages and between them.

I like my 'Dorf with a zero-endlag, shield-ignoring Warlock Punch. Not that it's actually ever existed, but that's besides the point.

I don't do any actual hacking though - I think Sakurai did a good job on the vast majority of music/stage design so whenever I download something with textures I turn them off (I do like Minusfied stages like Norfair 3.3 version and all the stages I mentioned in the top 100 stages thread, but I don't mod backgrounds and whatnot).