Lucario's Side B chain

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
So, I was playin around with Lucario a few days ago, and discovered that his Side B can chain ppl across the stage and potentially to their deaths, since he gets his midair jump back after landing the grab in midair.

I recorded a match with a cpu with it happening twice. Probably not the best quality, but you can see it happen well enough.

Yet another reason Lucario is super broken, I suppose.

Thor

This amuses me.

The devs could fix this issue by either increasing the BKB on aerial force palm and decreasing KBG to compensate, or [better yet] by not giving Lucario a double jump back when he lands aerial force palm (That might be hard though).

This gimmick only works at low percents and generally on fairly heavy characters. If you were at ~100% and you had a Jiggs at 40%, you might KO her, but there's no way this chains...

Also this does constitute a chaingrab so it should probably be fixed.

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
Actually, I've tested this, and this works on every character if both characters are at 0. Pichu, Jiggs, and Kirby are a bit tough, but it's possible.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
More reason to hate lucario

Thor

Actually, I've tested this, and this works on every character if both characters are at 0. Pichu, Jiggs, and Kirby are a bit tough, but it's possible.

Interesting... would still be fixed by removing the DJ regain on it.

Also since they both have to be at zero, making sure Lucario deals you some damage (or vice versa) gets around the problem. It's situational [though I still think things should be adjusted to avoid this...]

P.S: Have you tested with a human DIing in every direction they can try? This might be like Bash's Falcon-on-Yoshi CG, where if you DI (and for Yoshi, mash nair), it would seem to not work.

Gold_TSG

Fact of the matter is, something has a jump regain that shouldn't, on a character that doesn't need any jump regains since he can use his up b twice. He can act almost immediately after that command grab, and combining with the hitstun, he has enough leeway to aim for the chain.

Thor

Fact of the matter is, something has a jump regain that shouldn't, on a character that doesn't need any jump regains since he can use his up b twice. He can act almost immediately after that command grab, and combining with the hitstun, he has enough leeway to aim for the chain.

He can't up+b twice... or else explain what you mean by him being able to do it twice? On the ground and then in midair or something?

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
Yea, Thor. I've tested the possibility with DI with my cousin. He couldn't get out of the chain with at least 20 different characters. He only got out with the smallest characters cuz I'm not consistent with the positioning.

I'd be welcome to test with other ppl to see if any character can actually get out of it. My cousin's a noob at Smash, so idk if he's really a reliable source. XD

Last edited by a moderator:

NEWB

I believe Lucario is able to upb from the ground into the air and he can then upb again in the air if you attack canceled the first upb. Not to sure myself.

This is stupid and should be removed. The best fix is not giving him is jump back or making aerial force Palm not grab. It's cool that it grabs in the air but broken shit is still broken. Why is force Palm a combo move and a kill move?

Gold_TSG

He can't up+b twice... or else explain what you mean by him being able to do it twice? On the ground and then in midair or something?

Up B from the ground, attack cancel, jump/up b again in the air. He has had this for the longest time.