Live chat rant.

TheXzoron

I've been in the live chat for about a day and I have a few things to say. I really don't like the chat service Xat. The link protection, the notifications, the whole interface, and the service in general really bothers me. Like I can't even ask someone to convert a file for me without it getting all anal about it when I send a dropbox link. Why don't we have something like a channel on an irc network so that we can be more free to do things like send links, have it open constantly, not have flashing advertisments/banners, and have it overall function better?

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
Because some of us operate from our mobile devices. You wont find a handful on xat anyway. Im trying to get everyone to have a Skype or Kik.

Fuck it lets all use kik its so interface friendly.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Kik, huh? Never heard of it before... Hey, it's actually compatible with my Kindle Fire, nice!

I'll try it out soon, thanks for telling me about it. :)

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
Personally i would shoot for skype (since thats what all us developers use to talk to each other and is a must if anyone plans on filling out an application) or IRC because of the simplicity

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I'd use Skype, if only it would work on Kindle Fire (not HD)...

I'm saving up for a laptop. Doing everything via tablet is troublesome...

TheXzoron

Well the thing about using kik is that people on a desktop would have to use an android emulator to use it which seems silly and for skype not every mobile device supports it and the peer to peer protocol that delivers messages is not relaiable for some people, but with an irc channel many devices have irc clients and many to pick from plus the messages are relayed to a server that then sends it to everyone else which is more consistant and has less droped messages or messages apearing in the past when people have already sent messages which leads to confusion.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Yeah, I'm not too much of a fan of xat either. I do have a skype though. The only problems I have with xat are the links and occasional rift in the space/time continuum.

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom