Launch on Backup

RainyKitsune

I couldn't think of a better title, but this should get the general idea across of what I'm trying to do:

Starting with the easiest question:
So, I run most of my games off Iso backups using Wiiflow. I tried to run Brawl minus this way using the Stage Builder with my Brawl Iso, but couldn't get past the text window that starts black and briefly turns green. This issue went away whenever I used my retail disk. Now, I don't mind using a Retail disk if there's no other real way to do so, but I'd like to be able to run the Stage Builder exploit off my hard drive instead. Is there a way to do that?

More Complicated question:
Next, I've seen some talk about standalone launchers before, but I couldn't seem to find a recent tutorial about it. Truthfully, I tried playing the game by using an ISO Patcher that I used to make a standalone version of Project M, but I later learned that this doesn't work due to Brawl EX requiring access to sd card files as well. I tried also keeping the files on the SD card additionally, but with no luck. Does anyone know of a tutorial that's recent enough for making a standalone Homebrew Launcher? Or, if there's some way to make a Brawl Minus specific Iso that just simply starts at the boot screen?

I hope the questions make sense the way I worded them. I can run the game just fine through the Stage Builder way with my retail copy, but I'm just looking to see what I could do for this.