Lagless ledges

What would you like the ledge to be like in 4.0?

• I like the lag on the ledge it makes recoveries less safe!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like lagless ledges but keep the old invincibility so people have to make quick decisions.

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • I like lagless edges and increased invincibility so ledges are broken, Minus style!

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
WHAT'S UP FUDDERMUCKERS IT'S LB COMIN' ATCHU LIVE FROM THE UNDERGROUN'.

Now that that's out of the way there's an actually serious topic I want to talk about. There's a lot of good things in Minus that made it better than vBrawl. In the process a lot of lag was removed from the game because it made things smoother/more broken. One thing that has not been sped up which bothers the fuck out of me is the ledge. When someone grabs the ledge they take 10 years to do what ever ledge option they want to do which is a mechanic that was in vBrawl and Smash 4. However, in Melee moving from the ledge is almost instantaneous, making ledge play a lot more fluid. There are also issues when it comes to characters' invincibility from their ledge options don't come out immediately, leaving easily exploitable gaps that make being on the ledge terrible and likely to get you killed with no counterplay other than "don't touch the ledge" which creates it's own problems.

I know that in the next update, the ledge invincibility is being increased, but I'd be almost ok if the ledge invincibility stays the same as it has been if I can act from the ledge immediately from grabbing it. I'll leave a poll asking you guys what you want.

Peace*~

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Is there a way we could try out and compare...

A.) 4.0b Standard Ledge Invincibility Time + Lagless Edges
VS
B.) 4.0f Decreased Ledge Invincibility Time + 4.0b Edge Lag Time
VS
C.) 4.0f Decreased Ledge Invincibility Time + Lagless Edges

Testing "A" would be as simple as adding in the Lagless Edges code to 4.0b, would it not?
To test "B" and "C", we'd need specific code from 4.0f -- if the Edge Lag Decrease has even been finalized yet, that is.

I think it's always a good idea to test suggestions like these before voting on them. Why make the Back Room do all the testing if Non-BRoomers are willing to help test certain things? Unless the devs just don't want outside input...