L-Loadable Characters are going to be coming to Zeus, Any characters that you wanna see?

ThePoisonMirage

The Labber
As of now, L-Loadable characters will be added to Zeus. If you don't know what they are, basically if you hold shield on a character, it will load a completely different character. It's the same as PM's loading of Giga Bowser over Bowser and Warioman over Wario. I'm making this thread to ask for suggestions of what people want as far as new characters. Zeus is being refined and more polished so the mod can stand out if it didn't already stand out enough. So please, give the Zeus dev team some suggetions.

The best example i can give you for L-Loadable characters is right here: https://gyazo.com/c1326c9eda08f013cd7616333199b261

I press shield on Mario and press start, this is when the character is loaded, you then go into a match and there the character is.

xxasians1nxx

Hmm...
Well that depends on how deep they want to change the base character's attributes/moveset.

If they're going for similar build, different attributes, then I would suggest:
-Dr. Mario/ Metal Mario
-Funky/Dixie Kong
-Mega evolutions
-Silver the Hedgehog
-Big Boss

These suggestions, however, I would like to see with moveset modifications (since I personally think they should be uniquely different from the base characters).

-Daisy (one would hope she isn't just a clone, although she could enlist in the previous suggestions)
-Dark Link***
-Young Link
-Project Ganondorf's amazing OOT Ganon
-Fighter Kirby (or Knuckle Joe, if only someone was able to import a model over Kirby)
-Dark Samus
-Chrom (bahaha, one can dream)

and how could you not include Evil Ryu/ Ken

Last edited:

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I'm assuming your using these two codes (or some variant of them) made by ds22:

Giga & Sopo don't wreck My Music [spunit262]
Hold Shield for Giga or Sopo [ds22]

I spoke to ds22 about possibly adding this Alternate Character Loading into Minus once before. Here a some relevant bits:

I'd like to know if it's possible to add on to this code, so that holding R at the CSS when picking Mario results in playing as always-Metal Mario. Perhaps holding R when choosing Luigi could make him always-invisible, as well (as a nod to his exclusive use of the Vanish ability in Super Mario 64 DS).

Incidentally, would you mind if the Brawl Minus mod used the Giga Bowser and SoPo codes officially?

I haven't even officially published my code in text form, so of course I would mind Brawl Minus, or any other mod for that matter, to use it.
But in the event they do add it, I at least want to be properly credited for my work [...].

And unless you add them as separate characters, loading Metal Mario and Invisible Luigi with this code is simply not possible.

I see. Would replacing Alloys work? If they were added as separate characters, what must be added to your code to make them selectable as Giga Bowser and SoPo are?

Could your code be modified so that holding R makes Wario into perma-Wario Man?

Are there codes that make Giga Bowser and Wario Man more vulnerable to damage/knockback/stun/etc. that I'd need as well?

It could work, but working with the Alloys is pretty limited, as they don't really have anything other than a basic moveset.
And while I could add Wario Man to the code, you would also need to update some of the other codes, so that the game doesn't save his result data to an invalid location.
As for what I did to make Giga Bowser vulnerable, I edited something inside Bowser's module, but I can't exactly remember what that has, or where to find that in Wario's module.

Would adding Metal Mario and Invisible Luigi in as separate characters via BrawlEx, while having them not be normally selectable at the CSS be a better idea?

BrawlEX would most definitely work with this.

Note the lines in bold. Not sure if any of this is useful, but I figured I'd mention it just in case it is.

I'm glad to see you've already got always-Metal Mario included! I've wanted to see him in Minus for a long time now, as a "challenge" type character that isn't necessarily balanced with the normal cast -- just like Giga Bowser and Wario Man.

Last edited:

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
Sorry if this is too much of a silly idea, but could we get a Jigglypuff with a stupid amount of jumps? Give it a bunch of sparkle gfx to specify that it's OP.
I'd also kinda like a Fierce Deity Link. Longer range and the ability to shoot sword beams on certain attacks would be cool. xxasians1nxx has a lot of ideas that I wanted to mention, as well.

ThePoisonMirage

The Labber
I'm assuming your using these two codes (or some variant of them) made by ds22:

Giga & Sopo don't wreck My Music [spunit262]
Hold Shield for Giga or Sopo [ds22]

I spoke to ds22 about possibly adding this Alternate Character Loading into Minus once before. Here a some relevant bits:

I'd like to know if it's possible to add on to this code, so that holding R at the CSS when picking Mario results in playing as always-Metal Mario. Perhaps holding R when choosing Luigi could make him always-invisible, as well (as a nod to his exclusive use of the Vanish ability in Super Mario 64 DS).

Incidentally, would you mind if the Brawl Minus mod used the Giga Bowser and SoPo codes officially?

I haven't even officially published my code in text form, so of course I would mind Brawl Minus, or any other mod for that matter, to use it.
But in the event they do add it, I at least want to be properly credited for my work [...].

And unless you add them as separate characters, loading Metal Mario and Invisible Luigi with this code is simply not possible.

I see. Would replacing Alloys work? If they were added as separate characters, what must be added to your code to make them selectable as Giga Bowser and SoPo are?

Could your code be modified so that holding R makes Wario into perma-Wario Man?

Are there codes that make Giga Bowser and Wario Man more vulnerable to damage/knockback/stun/etc. that I'd need as well?

It could work, but working with the Alloys is pretty limited, as they don't really have anything other than a basic moveset.
And while I could add Wario Man to the code, you would also need to update some of the other codes, so that the game doesn't save his result data to an invalid location.
As for what I did to make Giga Bowser vulnerable, I edited something inside Bowser's module, but I can't exactly remember what that has, or where to find that in Wario's module.

Would adding Metal Mario and Invisible Luigi in as separate characters via BrawlEx, while having them not be normally selectable at the CSS be a better idea?

BrawlEX would most definitely work with this.

Note the lines in bold. Not sure if any of this is useful, but I figured I'd mention it just in case it is.

I'm glad to see you've already got always-Metal Mario included! I've wanted to see him in Minus for a long time now, as a "challenge" type character that isn't necessarily balanced with the normal cast -- just like Giga Bowser and Wario Man.

Bent, the code I'm using has nothing to do with DS22's code at all. This is a completely seperate new code made by PyotrLuzhin. Who is also a Minus dev, so any of that previous stuff you mentioned will not matter at all. I am assuming those codes are from PM. Which this code im using is not.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Bent, the code I'm using has nothing to do with DS22's code at all. This is a completely seperate new code made by PyotrLuzhin. Who is also a Minus dev, so any of that previous stuff you mentioned will not matter at all. I am assuming those codes are from PM. Which this code im using is not.
Cool, just mentioned it in case it was useful. I'm not a coder, so I didn't know if it would be or not... >_>

Never mind, then! Carry on...