KingClubber will help make CPU AI awesome if devs ask.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Figure I'll post this here too in case the devs didn't see it in the over on the Smash Mods forum:
Bent 00 said:
I talked to KingClubber over on SmashBoards - the guy behind editing the CPU AI for Project M. He's done an amazing job so far, so I asked him if he would help MAX the Minus AI if the Minus developers asked. His response?

"If they were to come and ask me themselves sure, i'll do some stuff for them but working on Project M's AI is MY priority."

Minus team, please go ask him already!
He says no one from the Minus Team has contacted him yet.

Turns out there's actually a good many people behind getting the CPU AI in Project M to the point it's at now. KingClubber details who has done what here:

http://smashboards.com/threads/artifici ... t-16270302

Sure would be nice if we could get advanced CPU AI in Minus...

http://smashboards.com/threads/artificia...768/page-3

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Is there any update available on the status of better CPU AI for Minus?

Last time I asked KingClubber about it, he said the Minus Team had not asked him to do much yet.

I'm guessing the MAXimized CPU AI won't be ready anytime soon... Please don't abandon this project. ._.

Thor

Actually, they do occasionally up+b directly upwards. It's rare though. I've also seen one or two use side+B as a recovery move in the correct direction.

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
Bent 00 said:
Is there any update available on the status of better CPU AI for Minus?
I'm guessing the MAXimized CPU AI won't be ready anytime soon... Please don't abandon this project. ._.

That would be wrong :) KingClubber has been in contact with us for a few months and is indeed MAZIMIZING the AI. You may see some of it this update ;)

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Awesome! That and the news of your SSE discoveries are the best news I've heard all day. I practice against the CPU AI a lot. :)

Looking forward to playing CPU who actually use DI and their recoveries properly.