Just Another Kirby main...

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
Hi. I'm Darxmarx. I've been a fan of minus since before Max 1.01, but I never thought about creating an account. So, um, I'm here now.

Thor

We actually don't have that many Kirby mains (none of the Smash game do, except for 64 cuz he's so good in that game).

We do fortunately have Glyph, who has a very nice Kirby - he has some footage up on Youtube if you're interested.

Nice to see you on here!

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I don't know many Kirby mains either. Hopefully if you can get wifi, I can play your Kirby. I need another Kirby main to fight, besides Glyph who beats me each time lol. Who knows, maybe you're better? Welcome, friend.

Darxmarx

Right now, I can only play wifi on regular Brawl. Maybe I'll get Dolphin in the future for Brawl Minus online.

I've only visited this website a few times, and I already love it here. Thanks!

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
;_; I'm a good Kirby too...

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Gold...your Kirby doesn't stand out to me from your other characters: they all beat me just the same lol.

Gold_TSG

D: awww...

Darxmarx

Hi Pin Clock!

It has been a while since I've met Kirby mains besides my friends...
The world needs moar Kirby!

Also, Gold, I noticed your Kirby. You're still awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gold_TSG

You should see my Dorf, DK and Marth. Those are prolly my scariest guys. Old wifi made showing off my Falcon difficult, but hopefully these new servers (once I can get connected through the inevitable hackless method) allow for much better speeds to play.

Darxmarx

I'll be sure to check them out.

Is there a way to use the Wiimmfi servers to play Brawl Minus online for Gecko os? Or am I stuck playing plain old Brawl online? I guess I can always set up Dolphin, if necessary.

EDIT: Just read the news. I'll just wait until Gecko gets wiimmfi support.

EDIT 2: I don't play hackless. Been using Homebrew on my Wii U, but I still have Homebrew on my old Wii, just in case.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Darxmarx...Gold's no joke. I'm still training to beat him, like I said I would one day lol. Are we still on when hackless wifi returns, Gold?
My post before was saying that Gold has exemplified a very high level of skill with each character he played against me with. Between he and Glyph, I have my work cut out for me.

Edit: Darxmarx, do you play hackless?

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
As a Kirby main, I'd assume you have a few tricks up your sleeve as well.

Gold_TSG

I adapt pretty well, and I can be overwhelming.

Of course we're still on when hackless wifi is released. The connections will hopefully be far superior, which will make it easier for me to play at my best.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
From what I've played (only a few matches between Glyph and Glitch), it's almost like playing locally. Almost. The smoothest match was with Glitch. It felt good lol. However, one of my matches with Glyph went a little slow, so we'd have to factor in the speed of each player's internet connection. The server itself, I'd say is superior to Nintendo's.

Gold_TSG

That's very good to hear.

NEWB

I wouldn't say I main Kirby really. Only thing I found out is that fthrow chains with fair very well. I don't see many people doing it, so I guess it must be easy to DI out of. Only works at low percents.

Darxmarx

fthrow -> fair does chain well against the CPU, but human players DI out of it easily. I think its more helpful to fthrow into uair.

However, these combos worked a bit better in vBrawl. In Brawl Minus, it's a bit trickier to use. I almost never use it against other players.

Thor

Did Brawl- make fthrow DIalbe at 0%? If not, one combo one Kirby I know in vBrawl uses on me more than I'd like is fthow -> uair ->reverse utilt -> bair -> bair, for like 38% in vBrawl. You can only escape by SDIing the uair, or else DIing utilt so that Kirby gets fair instead, but that's a bad idea for Brawl- where fair cancels...

Pin Clock is right about dtilt and utilt - much more versatile than just at 0%.

NEWB

Well yeah, that's a given for a majority of characters. Some setup and some kill and others juggle or they do a combination of these.

Other Aether

Mediator
Welcome! I hope you enjoy the forums!

On the topic of Kirby, it would be 10/10 amazing if he got his suits redone for Brawl-.
Ice Climbers=Ice Kirby: Spits out a cloud of ice kind of like Climber down-b.
Sonic Kirby=Wheel Kirby: Roll around at high speeds.
ROB Kirby=Laser Kirby: No changes except costume.
Charizard Kirby=Burning Kirby: Blows a cloud of flame that has longer range, huge hitbox, and heavy damage.
Bowser Kirby=Needle Kirby: Hunkers down in a shell of spikes that make attacking it difficult.
Snake Kirby=Bomb Kirby: Roll bombs along the ground that then just sit there and blow up.
Squirtle Kirby=Water Kirby: Spits a large wave that traverses the ground and explodes into a geyser on contact.
Ivysaur Kirby=Leaf Kirby: Gathers a tornado of leaves and spins around like a slower and far more damaging Mach Tornado.
Lucario Kirby=Fighter Kirby: Multi-hit combo that can only continue as long as it connects.
Dedede Kirby=Hammer Kirby: Quick overhead swing of a hammer with a fairly large shockwave.
Pikachu Kirby=Spark Kirby: Generates a large static field around it that stuns and damages foes. High ending lag, comparable to Jigglypuff's sing.
Metaknight Kirby=Tornado Kirby: Long-lasting tornado that can move around very quickly.
Lucas Kirby=Beam Kirby: Swings his beam in front of himself in a multi-hit attack.
Ness Kirby=Yo-Yo Kirby: Swings his yo-yo forwards, then pulls it in, like the first half of Ness' dSmash.
Jigglypuff Kirby=Mike Kirby: One-use power with high start-up lag that sends out a stage-wide damaging shockwave with extremely low knockback and high (15?) damage. Loses the power after use.
Link Kirby=Archer Kirby: No changes except costume.
Falco Kirby=Wing Kirby: Jumps get damaging hitboxes on them, and airspeed is dramatically increased. B shoots a very fast, weak projectile.
Marth Kirby=Sword Kirby: No changes except costume.
DK Kirby=Animal Kirby: Multi-hit scratch combo.
Pit Kirby=Cupid Kirby: Shoots 3 arrows at once instead of 1, each of them is 30 degrees apart with the middle on going straight forwards.
Sheik Kirby=Ninja Kirby: Lunges forwards with his blade out, then vanishes in a puff of smoke for a very short time. During this time, you can DI left or right to control where you re-appear. You are invincible as long as you are invisible.
ZSS Kirby=Whip Kirby: Lashes a long-range high base-knockback whip forwards.
Just a few ideas. Definitely too much work/impossible to add, but it would be awesome.