JigglyPuff beat glyph twice today.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
Im so happy about it I made a thread. Definite milestone for anyone who plays this game. I hope you saved those replays Glyph.

NEWB

Who was he?

And to be fair, sing has stupid range. I know things sort of things are tested, so why was this range of sing used? I know minus characters are faster and more mobile, but sing actually appears to have a bit more range than visible.

I don't have much of a problem with it though. Just saying that some people at my group don't like it.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
I KNOW I saved the first one. The second one idk. I was prolly too hype.

Sing hits three times and reaches as far as the notes that appear outside the radius. Each of the three hits are timed with Jiggs voice.

1.Ji
2.Ggly
3.Puff

To shutdown sing, you could:
1.Block the whole thing.
1b.The third hitbox takes a half a second to hit so if you're sheilding within range, after she says "Ggly" you can escape, grab or attack.
2. Stay in the air

Lightning

Ikesexual
Did you really make a thread because you beat Glyph? It's not like he's a god..

Annnnd.. this also belongs in the Off-Topic section..

NEWB

Huh.... I didn't know that about sing. I assumed there was a hitbox active the entire duration of the move.

And yeah you could stay in the air, but the point is, if you whiff an aerial, you get put to sleep. That's kinda lame, as Jiggs is a small and very floaty target. She is light weight and easy to kill, but she also kills easily with rest....

I'm not personaly a huge fan of characters that only work on the extremes and don't have a middle ground. I guess that works conceptually though.

That's odd.... Didn't my link do well actually against your Jiggs bash? I don't really remember, but I thought link was pretty much my only character that could beat your Jiggs. Or was that falco?

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
If you're in the air, you're escaping. Sing basically screams "HIT ME." Rest is just the tip of the iceberg. Jiggs can tech chase pretty well and is nigh godly offstage.

In thosethe matches your link either won or got twostocked if memory serves correctly.

Did you really make a thread because you beat Glyph? It's not like he's a god..

Annnnd.. this also belongs in the Off-Topic section..

I make silly threads. Its what I do. Besides that, you do not know how I feel after months of getting rekt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
But Bash you talked so much about how your Jiggs was unstoppable. The only character of Glyph's that would give me any joy for beating is his ROB. I'm wondering if you can keep up with me.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
When did I ever say Jiggs was unstoppable? I said NEWB is a noob and I may have said "I have problems getting the ball rolling but once I do I'm demolishing."

Last edited by a moderator:

NEWB

Uh.... Was that a pun with my name? That is intended as a misnomer since I've played minus since before 2X. And even from my standpoint, unstoppable isn't the word I would use for you. You do play the best Jiggs here, but you also have sing into rest as a crutch, which is a very good crutch. Stupidest thing in minus after counter eruption.

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
Did someone say.... Counter Eruption? :rolleyes:

Glyph

Sing is not a crutch. Despite its size, it's super easy to just block the entire thing or get in the air and dodge the whole move. Not only that, but you get a free hit on jiggs from above which is really bad news for such a light character.

NEWB

Yeah, I know and I do. The only thing sing is good for is catching whiffed aerials and people in special fall, as well as the otherwise clumsy. I know that if faced more Jiggs, I wouldn't whiff aerials as much, so that isn't my problem with it. What I never liked about sing is that it takes a long ass time to finish. That's REALLY annoying if you get caught and even more annoying because you know you can't button mash out if at modest percents. All you can do is try mashing and try DIing even though you know you are still dead! Does anyone think that is fun to play against?

EDIT: Not calling for nerfs here! Sing is super fun and dangerous for everyone in FFAs, but I never liked competitive matches with Jiggs. That is mostly because of my friend actually and not bash.

Glyph

I've seen it mashed out of before rest could connect at 80%. Considering jiggs can end up dead well before that it seems pretty solid to me

NEWB

On what planet? I don't know when the cutoff is exactly, but I think I get stuck at anything beyond 50. That's probably not right, but am I mashing wrong????

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
Uh.... Was that a pun with my name? That is intended as a misnomer since I've played minus since before 2X. And even from my standpoint, unstoppable isn't the word I would use for you. You do play the best Jiggs here, but you also have sing into rest as a crutch, which is a very good crutch. Stupidest thing in minus after counter eruption.
I never called myself unstoppable,

When sid I ever say Jiggs was unstoppable? I said NEWB is a noob and I may have said "I have problems getting the ball rolling but once I do I'm demolishing."
see?

NEWB

Ah. Sorry.

Way to go kien, making me think he said it even though he said he never said it after you said he said it and me misreading him saying that he didn't say it even though you said he said it. Like, gawrsh.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Sing-Rest Combo Is pretty much instakill for not-Bowser characters at 50% and onward. There is no DI at 50% and onward. Only death.

Thor

I still remember how salty you were when I beat you in Jiggs dittos when I used explosion twice and finished with Sing->Rest XD