Is That A Guy or a Gal?

HI!
I'm Switch (or Suichi) and I'm a new addition to the WiFi-Players on the Minus Discord.

You'll find that playing me can result in an easy victory for you, but I plan to change that. With my main, Ike, and my growing skill, I'll prove that even those who are forced to bottom tiers can shine in tournaments.

Why do I play Brawl Minus?
A gentleman I adore very much by the name of Dark knew how much I loved Smash. I had grown bored of Sm4sh and was back to playing Melee by myself. You know that's sad when you play Melee against CPU's and your fave player is Borp... So I thought of joining PM. Upon learning that it's practically dead, Dark told me of Minus. At first I was reluctant, but soon found how fun it was. I wanted to learn Ike, but struggled with him in the beginning, so for a while I played Zard.

Why did I go back to Ike?
Well, Ike has been my main since vBrawl. I don't like Ike, I love Ike. He's my playstyle through and through, but he didn't have any representation in Minus. So I decided that I would play Ike to his fullest.

"Wait, the title confuses me, are you a guy or a girl?"
Ask Dark. (If you already think you know, don't answer.)

And I leave it off with that. Thank you for having me! I feel honored to be a WiFi-Player (even though it's probs not special at all) and wish to play as long as others play with me!

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Welcome the the Brawl Minus forums, whoever you are!

Welcome to the Brawl- community!

Here are some more tips for Ike:
  • Always jab after landing Quick Draw. It's the only thing fast enough to hit before they go flying off, and the damage adds up.
  • If your opponent is going to need to tech, charge Quick Draw. If they miss the tech, you can cover every get up option. If they tech, you can hit them unless they tech away. If they tech away, cancel Quick Draw and move on.
  • Practice Quick Draw -> ftilt, because it hits a little farther than Quick Draw itself would. Learn the timing and spacing, and you may be able to chase them down when they tech roll away. In most cases Quick Draw -> jab is safer, but ftilt will give you just a bit more range when you need it.
  • Dash attack is a high risk/high reward move. If you hit, it barely sends your opponent anywhere and you can follow up with anything. If you miss, you can't cancel it at all and there's tons of lag. If you can land it during a combo, perfect, but if not, go for it when they're just off the ledge. If you hit someone offstage, you can jab and then dtilt for a kill (not guaranteed, but you can mix up the number of jabs to mess with their timing).
  • Dash attack jab locks, but Quick Draw is generally a safer option.
  • If you launch someone all the way across the stage, you usually have enough time to charge Eruption whether or not they actually die. You might have to give up an edgeguard opportunity, but some characters are hard to edgeguard anyway.
  • Dair lingers well after the sweetspot ends. The sourspot does less damage, but the knockback is still significant, and it sends them upwards rather than downwards. It starts combos at low to medium percents, and it kills eventually. If you're above the stage, you want to land the sourspot, since they'll probably just tech the sweetspot.
  • You can jump during uthrow. At some percents this will let you combo into uair, but sadly it doesn't work at kill percent.
  • Uair may be a strong anti-air option, but it's too slow when you're under pressure. Nair starts above you and comes out in just a few frames, so use that instead.
  • Like in vBrawl, you can repeat the first two jabs by briefly tapping down on the control stick after Jab 2. This lets you keep jabbing endlessly, making you harder to punish. (But be aware that it isn't a true combo, so if they're ready for it, you absolutely can be punished.) If they have a full shield and you use the Quick Draw -> nair -> jab combo I mentioned in the other thread, the extra jabs may be enough to break it.
  • Charging Quick Draw is extremely safe. You can attack with it if they approach head on, you can scoot underneath if they're coming from above, or you can shield to reflect projectiles. Practice that last one.
By the way, I mained Ike in vBrawl, I still (almost) main him, I play Charizard, and I'm a Borp fan. Are you me?