Ice Climbers

give them longer hammers.. or a yeti to command? how can they make the cut in this game?

NEWB

Who knows? Their main issue is that they have a shitty recovery. Bad mostly because I try to upb when nana is stuck interacting with the ledge or dead. I also think sopo should gain more height with solo belay.

Thor

If I had a way to strike-through text, I'd just say "give nana a grab," strike it through, and be done.

Popo needs an actual recovery if Nana is KO'd.

One way to possibly make them more viable (yes this sounds ridiculous) - make Popo a little heavier, but give Nana a weight of like 140 or something really high (I think Bowser is currently 180?). Then targeting Nana is tricky because she's not gonna be KO'd nearly as early as Popo, and so you get the benefits of two climbers longer.

I also suggest that mid-air taunting instantly teleports your Nana to you (no taunt animation) if Popo is not in hitstun or tumble and Nana is not in hitstun (could be in tumble). This will let you save Nana quicker and also means that even if your opponent knocks you off (and leaves Nana on stage because she's so much heavier), you can get her back way easier.

Both of these ideas might be useless, but they could work...

being able to "call" nana in offstage situations would certainly help.

maybe this would be too broken, but what if nana always respawned when she died? (popo deaths would be the only one to count against your stock count.)

that's probably not possible anyway, but it would be more minusy. and they could use more minus.

Glyph

They're getting reworked a bit when the new release comes out. IF they ever actually get it out that is :mad:

eh, they can take their time to make the game perfect.

they just probably shouldn't set deadlines or give release dates. makes the delays feel longer.

anyway, could popo get a chopper? with a rope ladder for nana, for rescue purposes? i know i'm being ridiculous, but i really feel like they need something game-changing.

Baby_Sneak

just saying, i found out a way to chain grab on all chars. its soo fun
Dthrow ---> Fair ---> IceBlock. rinse and repeat ( DONT FIX THIS!!!!!)

Baby_Sneak

Hello combo, have you met DI, and SDI?
yes i have, have you met blizzard ---> grab, or grab period? (since nana jabs instead of grab, great as a tick throw)

even if Fair is DIable to escape the loop, they still have a great approach (SH blizzard, nana ice block/Uair/Fair/Dair/etc..), and they can still tech chase if they are predictable.

But, thats all i got for their meta for now (they're my main, along with squirtle and charizard). But, expect new things!

Last edited by a moderator:

Baby_Sneak

You would have to be God to SDI out of blizzard the moment it comes out. My observation still stands P:
The combo depends on the char. If it's ROB, he doesn't even need to Sdi out of it cuz it pushes him back too far.