I have thyroid cancer.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
:'(

Lightning

Ikesexual
I'm sorry to hear this, Gold. :(

I don't know anyone with cancer, but I hope you beat it.
Get well soon. I am here to support you. :)

CaptainEllipsis

Graphic/Character Designer
Man that sucks :(
I hope you beat it, if you need anything I'll try to help out where I can, bro.

Gold_TSG

The doc says the thyroid has to come out entirely, and I'll be on meds the rest of my life.

Lightning

Ikesexual
Look at the bright side!
You will no longer have cancer once the thyroid is removed.
Isn't that something wonderful to look forward to? :)

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I'm very sorry to hear that, Gold. At least it's operable. Could be worse... Hang in there, you'll be all right!

Gold_TSG

I'm surprisingly calm, all things considered.

Thank you for the support though. It means a lot.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
My girfriend may have it....she was scared. But she has done some heavy research, and according to what she found, she will be alright in the end. I'm sorry, and I hope it all goes well in the end.

Gold_TSG

They all say it's a fairly easy one to treat, and it's just more of an inconvenience in the end with the pills.

Gold_TSG

My surgery is next Friday, so I'll finally be rid of it. The surgeon I met with yesterday said it's very slow growing, and I might have had it for quite a while. It might have been another 2 or 3 years before they would have been able to even feel it on my neck.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Hopefully, it goes well.

Thor

Glad to hear it hopefully will not massively impact your life, and glad to hear that there doesn't seem to be huge complications.

I also hope surgery goes well.

Gold_TSG

Thanks guys. <3

NEWB

Why has it taken me this long to see this???? Get well bro! My mom recovered from stage 4 breast cancer, so don't give up! I suggest Kangen water. It kills cancer by supplying the body with a lot of oxygen.

Gold_TSG

There's no need to worry. The surgery is simple, and I might have to take a radioactive iodine pill or something after, but it'll be gone forever afterwards.

NEWB

Really? I'm told that a cancer patient is never cured and that they are basicaly always labeled as recovering or in remittion or something. I mean, I hope yours will be completely removed!

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Thyroid cancer is a localized cancer, at first, which is why early detection is advocated. It is treated usually by removing the thyroid, resulting in no cancer being in the body. What happens next is the taking of supplements that give back the body what it loses by not having a thyroid.
This is based off of my understanding of what my girlfriend told me.

NEWB

That makes sense. In my moms case, I think it spread to her back a little, or maybe that was just radiation damage? I don't remember. She lost her ovaries, but she technically still has cancer.

Gold_TSG

It is localized, as stated, and very slow growing, as well as non-life-threatening, according to the surgeon. In fact, this is so slow growing in my case that it would have likely taken another 2-3 years before anyone would have even been able to feel it in my neck. It's very early stages, and they said if you have to get any kind of cancer, it should be this, cause it's very easy to treat and remove completely.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
well thank goodness it isn't going to be as bad as it could have been :)

Gold_TSG

Getting ready to leave for the hospital. Should be back tomorrow.

Gold_TSG

Everything went very well. I'm gonna get some real sleep now though. My neck is very sore.