How to get Brawl - onto an unmodded Japanese Wii?

Xenonex

Hello, sorry of this is the wrong section to ask. I'd played Brawl minus a few years ago and had a blast at a friend's place. Right now, I have an unmodded Japanese Wii and had abandoned using fun mods like this long ago, but recently became aware of the hackless install method.

However, I don't want to attempt to load an English file onto my Japanese Wii and potentially mess everything up; does anyone know if there is a version of Brawl Minus which is compatible with a Japanese unmodded Wii?

Xenonex

So far by searching the main site / forums / web I haven't really found any mention of getting Brawl - onto a Japanese wii...

Progress Update:
So far I have been finding some partial success through the Japanese Brawl modding sites, such as this one. I have been able to get Brawl Minus version 2.X to run, by following these directions:

• Downloading this zip file here as linked from the aforementioned site, then unzipping and copying the file over to a blank, 2GB or less SD Card, with the folders "codes", "private" etc. all in the root directory of the SD card.
  • Renaming the folder /private/wii/app/RSBJ/"st(stack smash jp)" to just /private/wii/app/RSBJ/"st" as per these instructions.
  • Adding a boot.elf file to the root directory of the SD card. I got a boot.elf file from a hackless pack version download of Project M; you may have one already.
  • Deleting all custom stages from the Wii.
  • Putting the SD card in the Wii, running Brawl normally, selecting the stage editor, then in Gecko OS, going to config options and setting the Language to Japanese, and the Hooktype to AXNextFrame (skipping this step each time caused my game to freeze at the title screen). Then choosing 'Launch Game' and enjoying!
Not sure what the difference is between Brawl Minus 2.x and 3.Q, but it's a start. Hope it helps anyone else in the same situation!

Last edited by a moderator: