Help the Brawl Minus Wiki!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback :: サイトフィードバック' started by Pin Clock, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Pin Clock

Pin Clock Project Leader Minus Backroom

Hello everyone, how are you? fine, thank you.

If you haven't noticed, a wiki has been added to the site, which you can find two tabs away from "forums". It's very early in development, currently only having prototype pages for characters and stages, as well as the early page for our biggest project of all: A complete changelog from vBrawl to Brawl Minus 3.5, and versions beyond!

problem is, it's an awful lot of work, which I will be sure to do plenty of myself (Just added the changelog from Brawl Minus 1.6 to the wiki), but my request is as follows: For you, the community, to help make the Brawl Minus wiki into a great source of information for players to look up characters, strategies, and many other interesting pages and facts about the game! Should the wiki become a success, it will be a major resource for new players to get into the game and learn about the characters!

Let's make this big together!

Also, I'm afraid that I cannot find information or downloads or pages for versions of Brawl Minus before 1.5. Anyone who can find download links and change logs for said versions will receive a cookie and my personal thanks.

For an example of a character page, see here: http://brawlminus.net/forums/wiki/kirby/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
  2. NEWB

NEWB New Member

I think I can help out. On the smash wiki, I updated a majority of the wiki to be the complete changelog for minus just before Roy got added.

We should probably coordinate though. It would suck if three people started editing the first half of the page while other people were making edits. Or planned too.

3. Bent 00

Bent 00 Longtime Limit Breaker

B- FC:
    1461-6025-1473
    It looks like Linkshot from the old forum has many of the old versions of Minus:
    Source: http://smashmods.com/forum/threads/...lder-file-repository-thread.5704/#post-112831

Try getting in touch with him.

4. Doqtor Kirby

Doqtor Kirby Resident Design Nitpicker Minus Backroom

B- FC:
    Main:
    Maybe a media section for characters for like 2 or 3 videos or such.

Also I have 2.x.6 if you want it?

5. Pin Clock

Everyone who is registered on the site is fully capable of editing the wiki. Add what you think is needed and I'll administer things as I usually do.

6. NEWB

NEWB New Member

Tomorrow, I guess I'll just start listing in the changes and repurposed Movesets that each character currently possesses.

7. Thor

Thor Well-Known Member

Minnesota (for summer), UIUC (for school year)
    B- FC:
    4986-6645-6355
    I can add stuff (added some to IC page) but I don't have complete knowledge so I might be better served as one of several people who check to make sure somewhat obscure things (like MK healing 2% per pummel) are not left out.

EDIT: While it might add some issues with inclusion/exclusion, might it not be a bad idea to have a list of notable players (people with good results/footage)? Then people interested in ROB, but unsure where to look/who to look for, could see Glyph's name (for example) and that would help them find a good ROB to watch. Other examples would be Gold_TSG's DK, Bent's Captain Falcon, Owo's Falco (and maybe mine/NEWB/Gold's?), etc. [I purposely keep this list short so as not to offend anyone by trying to make a bigger list and leaving someone out.]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2014
  8. Pin Clock

We can have a notable players in the character's section so long as video links are provided. Remember we have no scene though, so "notable" is extremely subjective.

Actually it'd be better to say "notable matches" rather than notable players. And be sure to only link matches from current versions!

9. Gold_TSG

Gold_TSG Can't stop The Dorf Train.

Main:
    Notable players sounds good, since it's more specific than just matches.

10. Bashdemears

Bashdemears Jiggs2stronk

Main:
    Well you could be a bad player then pull a 0% fourstock on Glyphs rob. Darx's kirby whoops me up and down the street but gold and glyph are no longer turning me to pudding.

Notable matches is great

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2014
  11. Thor

Thor Well-Known Member

Minnesota (for summer), UIUC (for school year)
    B- FC:
    4986-6645-6355
    I mean unless Mango/PPMD/M2K/Nario/Zero pick up Brawl- Glyph isn't going to get 4-stocked with no % anytime soon, and even then, ROB has all the projectiles and approaches to stop a 0% four-stock, so I don't think it would happen even then.

Darx's Kirby is pretty great - I [before I left] go about even with him.

12. NEWB

NEWB New Member

Pin said notable matches, so just do that. If people want to know who's best, there are plenty other places then the wiki to see that. Keep the wiki more professional.

Is there some kind of template that we can follow, like character intro, normals, specials, etc? I guess minus team can do the character intro.

13. Glyph

Glyph Moderator

Notable matches is definitely the way to go, much easier to watch a handful of games that show off a few different playstyles than just one on its own

3 people like this.
  14. Pin Clock

I may be able to whip up a basic template. I'll tell you when it's done (and which character I used as a template so everyone else can copy) (It may or may not be Kirby)

15. Gold_TSG

Gold_TSG Can't stop The Dorf Train.

Main:
    I still have to play Darx to see what all the fuss is about.

16. Darxmarx

Darxmarx The Learning Star Warrior

B- FC:
    5117-0129-8473
    Main:
    Vice versa applies here. Also, I'm really nothing special. I would say more, but this doesn't seem to be the thread for that...

17. Doqtor Kirby

Doqtor Kirby Resident Design Nitpicker Minus Backroom

B- FC:
    Main:
    I realized that clicking the wiki button now takes us to the Brawl Minus page on SSBWiki. Intentional?

18. Pin Clock

It was, but it should now link to the site wiki again, meaning the project is back on!

19. Pin Clock

3 people like this.
  20. PowerUp

PowerUp New Member

B- FC:
    1418-6850-4465
    Main:
    I'm happy to contribute to the characters, but perhaps first you should define some kind of format for the pages to follow?

3 people like this.
  21. Baby_Sneak

Baby_Sneak Active Member

B- FC:
    4300-9690-3077
    Main:
    how do i contribute to this again?

22. Pin Clock

Simply edit wiki pages and add information to the characters. That being said I should probably resume this project. So caught up in development that this slipped by me...

23. NEWB

NEWB New Member

I'd be happy to help as soon as we get a template.

24. Pin Clock

For those waiting on a template, I now present to you, a template

This isn't the best as I've forgotten HTML for years, and am still out of practice, so if you wish to make improvements to this template with your superior HTML skills, please do so.

4 people like this.