Hand-offs.

MelonKeepR

In Brawl and Melee, the ICs have a tech called a "hand-off" wherein one Ice Climber throws, and the next grabs before the opponent can act out of it.

In Brawl Minus, this is still possible - at least to a certain extent. At low percentages, Popo can down-throw, and Nana can run forward and catch the opponent. This caps off at anywhere from 13~ to 40~% depending on the opponent's size and weight class.

I've yet to find any other things that work on any characters at all. I'm sure I've performed it with back-throw before, but I've yet to be able to replicate this.

Has anyone found any other hand-offs that are possible? Particularly at higher percentages. It seems like it won't be possible due to the invincibility frames the opponent gains after being grabbed.

Edit: You can hand-off with back throw, and it seems to work until 999%. You can also hand-off with forward throw. Down throw works until a lot later than I thought it did, but the timing is super specific, and it still varies from character to character.

Edit2:
G4W7Sb0.gif

SSu7P15.gif

GlrFZcc.gif

Last edited:

Kymaera K1ng

A PMCC player
You can hand-off to Nana with FThrow till 999%, can I see the backthrow hand-off? I can't do it.
NVM got it

Last edited:

Green Hell Zone

Absolutely positively the best Sonic player ever.
Did you use Sonic in those GIFs just to spite me?

EpicNonBread

Malfunctioning Machinery
Minus Backroom
Playtester

AGentleStar

Video Editor
While the only real set ups this shows off are the low percent regrabs, the popo to nana hand off, and nana fair stuff, the grab release to regrab with the other climber is interesting. Does anyone know if that is a theoretical infinite?

(I'm referring to the bit at 0:23 in which Popo pummels, Bowser mashes out, Nana regrabs and pummels, and so on)

Wasn't trying to provide an answer. It was just a shameless plug, lol.

As for the grab release - regrab, that's been in the game since Brawl. The other IC will have to walk forward a bit to get close enough, but yeah I guess it could be considered an infinite if you had infinite walking space. :nesmk:

EpicNonBread

Malfunctioning Machinery
Minus Backroom
Playtester
guess it could be considered an infinite if you had infinite walking space.

True. I should think before I type... safe to assume it's not possible to turn the grab release around in any way. For damage output it's probably more efficient to do the ice block lock anyway.