Gecko doesn't launch

Double

I downloaded the 4.0b version earlier today, and extracted the files to a 2gig SD, arranging the files at the root as prescribed in the tutorial, but when I enter the stage builder, the normal stage builder menu opens. I have no stages saved to either the card or the Wii (the extracted 4.0b is the only thing on the card), and the Wii seems to read that a card is there, but there's nothing shown on it. Does this mean I need the hot patch even though Sept. 6 was a long time ago? Or is there something I'm missing?
upload_2015-12-4_12-35-12.png

(when extracted, the "_MACOSX" and "4.0 Public Beta" folders were at the root; I cut/pasted the "Apps," etc. from the "4.0 Public Beta" folder to the root, which is what you see here. OS is Windows10)

I understand that there have been others with this issue before, but nothing I saw in those threads applied here.

Lukas99

Do u use homebrew channel? If Not I recomment it.. but at my Setup it crashes and idk what to do.. I have deleted the first 2 folders from your pic.

baltarc

You are using the hackless version, correct? Try just formatting the card and doing a clean install. If it's still not working, use homebrew.

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
Delete the _MACOSX, 4.0 public beta and .DS_Store files. They don't need to be there.