Footstooling Bug?

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
I only managed to test this on a Wiimote, and I don't have access to my games at the moment, so I might update this in the future.

While messing around, I found that if you stomp on a Green Shell, then you will automatically footstool any opponent without need of another jump/some other footstool trigger press. It works on both grounded and midair opponents. When you die or restart the match, the effect resets and you don't auto-footstool until you jump on another shell.

Update: Thanks to Bent's testing, much more information was found about new footstool triggers.
View below...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
While messing around, I found that if you stomp on a Green Shell, then you will automatically footstool any opponent without need of another jump/some other footstool trigger press. It works on both grounded and midair opponents. When you die or restart the match, the effect resets and you don't auto-footstool until you jump on another shell.
I can confirm this bug exists in 3.Q. Tested it today with a Gamecube controller. I missed this bug in intial testing of the New Footstool Triggers because I don't play with items on...

That said, this is a pretty harmless bug. Most people don't play with items on, and it only lasts until you get K.O.ed.

Anyhow, this is the second bug found with the New Footstool Triggers, the first being Desynching if used Online.

@Glitch, have anything to add? No luck with fixing the Online Desynch bug? Can this second bug be fixed?

Perhaps I should try asking the Project M devs for help with this...?

I wonder if this code from Project M would fix the problem.

Footstool Action Exit Clears Auto-Footstool Bit [ds22]
* 4A000000 90000000
* 1619BDD0 00000028
* 00000005 12000005
* 00000002 9019BDE0
* 12000200 80FB6334
* 120B0100 9019BDD0
* 00080000 00000000
* 06FB6344 00000008
* 00070100 9019BDD8

UPDATE: The above code does fix the Green Shell Auto-Footstool Bug. You can add it to your .GCT.

Now if we could just disable New Footstool Triggers online, or make them not desynch...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Apparently, Project M has a superior form of our New Footstool Triggers code. It detaches footstools from jumps, and ties them to taunts, without hardcoding them to specific buttons. I assume their code does not cause online desynches, as well.

I think Minus should collaborate with the Project M devs more. Ask to borrow a few codes, at the very least.