Falco's Up+B

Thor

Falco can avoid a majority of those by recovering low or below a ledge lip like FD. ROB can't shoot his laser through the stage, so that makes no difference. Honestly most of your examples are for a Falco that doesn't recover low.

ROB shoots the laser from the edge angled down. He can also cover very low with gyro drops. Sonic spring and Bowser armor work best when Falco is low. Sheik run off fast fall double jump chain double jump fair up+b for a stage spike or w/e if he's below lip, or just run off chain double jump fair if away from stage [this one looks super cool too].

Yoshi eggs, snake grenades, and more also work - they're just really, really inconvenient to land, which is why I suggested nerfs in the first place.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
But you forget that, as is, most of those would be difficult to land because of how high his recovery can go due to that little momentum boost at the end. He can recover very low, and anyone who tries to chase during the fire could very well lose that advantage. At that point, though, the only thing you need to do is edgehog until he's in free fall.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
you guys take a lot of time to talk... like, why?

NEWB

Who knows? We can agree that this won't happen but we STILL discuss the likelihood of it happening anyway. I was slightly annoyed but I now think it's kinda funny. We are technically trying to figure out if thor is more right or less right by the tiniest margin.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
This is a forum meant for discussion, and I like to discuss. If this is a crime then please, arrest me now, officer justadood.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thor

you guys take a lot of time to talk... like, why?

If every idea I had was amazing, Brawl Minus could be taken and improved upon to be a better game. The same is true for any idea presented by anyone.

Most of my ideas aren't as awesome as I'd like [difference of opinion, coding problem, alternate solutions], but discussing them CAN lead to fixes on things I've highlighted as problematic or could be better [or in rare instances, just plain buggy, but that's more something owo has done, like with an MK fsmash fix].

In a word, optimization. If someone has an idea that ultimately makes Minus better, why wouldn't we want to refine it to make the game as good as possible? This is why we discuss so much - we all want to contribute to a better game, even if we have vastly different ways of going about it.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
actually, my question is about why you guys word everything to take so long to read... there's no way to jump into anything here... there's more simple ways to cover the same amount of info, but you guys take waaayyy too long to talk... case in point, @Thor , your response was unnecessarily long, when you could have just said "well i'm not sure my ideas are shared, so i brought it up to see who agreed and why or why not.." not to sound so annoying about it, but it takes too long to read, and as i mentioned in another thread, this trend of needing to have been caught up to stay caught up makes it hard to try to join the group discussions or be "in the know"

Thor

actually, my question is about why you guys word everything to take so long to read... there's no way to jump into anything here... there's more simple ways to cover the same amount of info, but you guys take waaayyy too long to talk... case in point, @Thor , your response was unnecessarily long, when you could have just said "well i'm not sure my ideas are shared, so i brought it up to see who agreed and why or why not.." not to sound so annoying about it, but it takes too long to read, and as i mentioned in another thread, this trend of needing to have been caught up to stay caught up makes it hard to try to join the group discussions or be "in the know"

I'm a "clarity over brevity" kind of guy (more often than not). Sorry.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
eh, to each his own... i tend to ramble a lot actually, so i shouldn't be talking, but i've been putting "explanations" in spoilers to try to keep stuff brief