Falcon Reverse Knee

Discussion in 'Captain Falcon' started by Thor, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Thor

Thor Well-Known Member

Minnesota (for summer), UIUC (for school year)
    B- FC:
    4986-6645-6355
    Pin Clock why was reverse knee taken out again? I have no idea why this was taken out... it's a Melee thing sure, but it looks cool and also promotes good spacing with Falcon, rewarding players for being precise.

Any chance it could be put back in?

2. Neville

Neville GG M8s Minus Backroom

Main:
    It's also a great DI mixup. It bothers me that this isn't in the game.

Edit: What's even weirder is that I'm pretty sure the sour spot has a reverse hitbox too.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2015
    2 people like this.
  3. Lucis Perficio

Lucis Perficio Radiant Hero of Blue Flames

Main:
    Didn't even know there was a Reverse Knee? How is it normally executed? Is it present in Melee/PM?

4. Thor

Thor Well-Known Member

B- FC:
    4986-6645-6355
    Well, since no one answered... a reverse knee isn't actually doing a knee backwards, but it's a phrase used to refer to when the knee sends your opponent opposite the direction Falcon is facing. For an example, go to 1:33 here, where Scar reverse knees the Marth after his up+b:

If you are good at spacing knees, it's good for edgeguarding and also killing people earlier in combos [where in Minus your knee would always have to go in the direction you're facing, in Melee/PM you can space to make it send them backwards].

5. Lucis Perficio

Lucis Perficio Radiant Hero of Blue Flames

Main:
    Whoa that sounds nice. Seems like a reasonable thing to have without considering him to be OP. I feel like it would be easy to balance other characters who otherwise would be unable to cope with it regardless.

6. Thor

Thor Well-Known Member

B- FC:
    4986-6645-6355
    It was removed for... I don't even know why. But it's not broken or anything, because if Falcon's knee would only kill one direction, he can almost always just opt to knee anyway then go edgeguard [or pick another aerial and if they DI wrong, that links into knee anyway]. I think some Falcon player hated reverse knees and asked for them to be removed and they were, but I seriously doubt it was a balance consideration... unless Pin Clock wants to say otherwise.