Does Sonic need help?

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Sonic is a very risky but fun character to use. However, he has trouble scoring KOs without fully chasing his opponents to the blast line, and even while chasing them, he can miss and die trying. Aside of that, everyone seems to outprioritize his every move. I don't think he needs any kill power, but priority would definitely help him out.

gumbie

Maybe make one of his B moves behave like Jigglypuff's rollout? I can't think of any other fitting moves... He would definitely benefit from the Project M spike kick offstage too...

edit: Maybe give him a super taunt that turns him into Super Sonic, not like the final smash, but a palette swap with increased damage, speed, and knockback at a cost of 3-6% damage per second, active for 15-20 seconds, usable once a stock or alternatively, past a certain damage threshold.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
I'm not sure if anyone's even GOOD with him now. Of course he'd seem underpowered if nobody knows how to win with him. It might be too early to say.

WastedCrits

Don't know how doable this is, but what if he dealt more damage/knockback the faster he was going? It would fit him thematically, at least, and right now his side-b doesn't seem to have much use aside from aerial maneuverability.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
WastedCrits said:
Don't know how doable this is, but what if he dealt more damage/knockback the faster he was going? It would fit him thematically, at least, and right now his side-b doesn't seem to have much use aside from aerial maneuverability.

It MAY be possible, I'm not sure. What I do know is that his Super Sonic works that way.

WastedCrits

I suggested this way back in the beta thread(I had a different username then) but, I think his side-B might be more useful if it did small damage with no hitstun/knockback, like fox's lazer, and a windbox that pulled opponents a bit in the direction he is running, like Ike's smashes. That way it could be used to manipulate recovering opponents without stopping for an aerial.
Also, his control for bounce is now kind of awkward, making it hard to use. I would suggest making it his down-b again and making spindash either held or mashed neutral b, while leaving homing attack as the tap input, since the charge up for homing attack looks so similar to the charge for spindash anyway. You could even make spindash's charge up cancellable into homing attack as a mixup. This would also leave grounded down-B open for a new move. Although, I don't play much sonic, so take everything I suggest with a big grain of salt. :lol:

NEWB

I suggested exactly that at smashmods. Then the move got put to the current input. I actually have no issues with it though. I can do the move instantly. I can do it before you hear the homing attack start up.

Saradi

No matter how much the wonderfull minus team worked on him, I always felt that sonic just needed something more.
I think he could definetly use better k.o. potential his attacks themselves just seem.... unsubstantial.
He's got too many multi-hitting moves that don't chain well (Upsmash and fair especially) that don't even hit that hard and it seems like his only kill move is fsmash and sometimes upair. He could really use a nice quick single hard hitting tool IMO.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
WastedCrits said:
I suggested this way back in the beta thread(I had a different username then) but, I think his side-B might be more useful if it did small damage with no hitstun/knockback, like fox's lazer, and a windbox that pulled opponents a bit in the direction he is running, like Ike's smashes. That way it could be used to manipulate recovering opponents without stopping for an aerial.

That seems way too easy to abuse due to his impressive, near-omnipotent recovery. He would be able to shut pretty much everyone down simply because of his speed.

If anything, he's TOO fast at this point, because a lot of his potential requires insane amount of experience with side B, and knowing how and when to use dsmash to get around quickly, and when to follow up. I've messed around with him, and it's very hard to do, but his follow-up game is ridiculous. He can follow up on almost any move he uses because of side B, as he will almost always catch up in time for an aerial. The only issue is mastering it.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Gold_TSG said:
WastedCrits said:

That seems way too easy to abuse due to his impressive, near-omnipotent recovery. He would be able to shut pretty much everyone down simply because of his speed.

If anything, he's TOO fast at this point, because a lot of his potential requires insane amount of experience with side B, and knowing how and when to use dsmash to get around quickly, and when to follow up. I've messed around with him, and it's very hard to do, but his follow-up game is ridiculous. He can follow up on almost any move he uses because of side B, as he will almost always catch up in time for an aerial. The only issue is mastering it.

Personally, I don't think he's too fast at all. I think his speed is what makes him fun. And having a character that's really hard to master makes him unique to play. I don't have any problem with chaining many of his moves, I just feel like at least one more of his attacks should be a KO move. I'd honestly like it to be his homing attack but that could be asking too much.

Seth

Gold_TSG said:
WastedCrits said:

Impossible sawnikz alwayz gotta go fast.
Anyway jokes aside i think he's fine as is except needing one other kill move and making his back throw worth using.

NEWB

Exactly! Do this. It's not like the back throw needs more power really. It just needs its angle to throw backwards instead of up. It has a harder time killing. It is also pointless for an attack to hit away from sonic if he can't side b to their location.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Cum on gaiz dat coment wuz just a pursunul thang.

He definitely needs more kill power.