Differences between Zeus and Max

Smilindeth

Besides the changed menus, portraits, etc. Zues has the movesets built up from Minus 2.X.
It has also pulled in moves seen in Project M for certain characters.
Certain characters have moves not seen in either game. (Ex. Ganon up-tilt)

Globally, everyone is heavier, making it even easier to pull out combos than Minus. I think it was also faster paced than Minus?
Many characters can spam the hell out of their taunts.
Some have special moves, but are hard to figure out.

I've seen gameplay of Ganon and Pikachu pulling off a large AoE insta-kill, but can't figure out how to charge them?
A friend figured out how to do a dash attack as Marth using a certain combo with the side-B that leads into a large AoE stun with a potential crit after.

It also uses a variety of new stages that I've seen mixed responses. A soccer stage can be great for screwing around since it is near impossible to kill people, and on a flip side is the Dragon Ball arena that you die if you touch the grass.

It has a lot I'm still trying to figure out, and it doesn't help that the most documentation that I've seen is a changes file in the download that just explains a few small changes from the last version of Zues.

Jade_Rock

Nice new forum!
Downloading Zeus now.

I am pretty sure I played Zeus before and I just don't remember...Post back later with results.

Jade_Rock

Yeah there's to many changes to list...Like
Link and Falco have there melee movesets which is dumb and wolf has fox's forward smash.
I do like Marth's hit on his side b 4th hit sideways though.
Canceling their taunts is funny too and Zelda can put a side b in the air and use her taunt to detonate it.
Snake's motar only fires 2 missles.
A lot of people have funny final smashes.

Honestly I find Max and Project M much more fun than this...

I was hoping for something better,I guess if I went in expecting something new rather than something similar to Max I would've had more fun.Also this doesn't even have squirtle and Ivy.Why?

Ph0x3h

I might just rip the interface from Zues and stick it on my custom Minus pack I got. I really like the interface of Zeus. The gameplay though just seems a little too overboard from Minus for me personally. I'll stick to Minus.

Overseer

Spot dodge are gone in Zeus, right?
That, coupled with the extreme gravity, is what breaks the deal for me.

I like many of the moves some characters were given, but everything feels so awkward.

yeah, the lack of spot dodge was what kept me from playing it very long. didn't want to develop bad habits.

Overseer

It's a real shame. Some of the changes are really good.
Ganondorf, for one.

The Din's Fire in Zeus is also my favorite version of it in Smash yet. It combines the nuking of Minus Din's Fire with the trapping abilities of PM's.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
I might just rip the interface from Zues and stick it on my custom Minus pack I got. I really like the interface of Zeus. The gameplay though just seems a little too overboard from Minus for me personally. I'll stick to Minus.

Be aware that the Zeus CSS lacks Olimar, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Ice Climbers, and Minus newcomer Pichu.

Minus and Zeus also have a different set of stages.
Wolf seems to be a Fox clone in Zeus
Also a lot of characters in Zeus have finishing moves, which are all achieved in different ways
Did I mention Minus has Pichu?

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
My roomates and I were playing Zeus for a while, starting at Zeus 2.2. There are many things to figure out and many hidden gems that we discover every time we play. The biggest issue is that it crashes to the extent that it could be easily confused to be a feature and not a flaw. Pokemon are all legendary. The fights are very intense and they have very interesting stages, but the most confusing thing is the moveset. The way it seems is that some, maybe half, of the characters have TWO different Final Smashes, one executed on the ground and one in midair. The taunt buttons can execute special moves in some strange cases, like in midair with Metaknight. Some Final Smashes do weak damage, like Link's, some are instant kills no matter what, like Marth's, and some....some do nothing like Toon Link's. The entire game is one big puzzle leaving my friends and I with the following questions: 1. What are the moves? 2. Why does Samus's CSS portrait feature Squirtle? and 3. Sparkles???
Overall, it's definitely different in it's own regard and I see Zeus as different and separate from Minus and Project M, and it is definitely worth playing.