Diddy's Peanuts

vanity.

Hardcore will never die, but you will.
Can we buff Diddy's peanuts? I find them to be incredibly underpowered, especially for Minus. Almost every other projectile destroys them on contact, the hitstun is so low that it's pretty much only a flinch, and sucks against characters with long range or disjointed hitboxes that can easily destroy them. I know the peanuts are unique in that destroying them doesn't cause lag like it would be you destroyed a turnip or fireball, but that's another thing: it's so weak compared to other projectiles. I know Diddy already has one of the best projectiles in the game with the bananas, and yes, I'm aware he can have three out at one time, but there's no excuse for peanuts being this stupidly underpowered.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
Peanuts meteor and Diddy can get them for free from his aerials by pressing a during them, so they're generally pretty decent.

vanity.

I never said that peanuts weren't good. I think they're incredibly underwhelming as a projectile, especially when you compare it to a fireball, a turnip, or all of the Link's projectiles, but I never said they were bad. They do deal a good amount of damage, I'll give them that. And if peanuts do meteor, it's so subtle that it's barely even worth recognizing or worth nothing, especially when most characters in this game have good to amazing recoveries.

I'm also aware that Diddy can acquire peanuts through his aerials. They don't really do much, and are still an underwhelming projectile. I am also aware that the peanuts, unlike normal projectiles, are actually items. But even capsules have more hitstun than peanuts. I'd just expect a projectile that is either to remove than most to be better than just "meh", especially if acquiring a peanut from Diddy can't really do a character much good.

Xentas

Some Minus Fan Who Likes Criticism
Thought Peanuts were explosive too?

vanity.

Peanuts aren't explosive. But, if you hold down the popgun for long enough, Diddy will explode, harming everything near near him, which is an OHKO.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Peanuts aren't explosive. But, if you hold down the popgun for long enough, Diddy will explode, harming everything near near him, which is an OHKO.
My memory could be faulty, but I don't recall that being a OHKO... just really powerful.

vanity.

My memory could be faulty, but I don't recall that being a OHKO... just really powerful.

http://blog.brawlminus.net/Diddy

Says popgun malfunction instant kills. Might be old though. I doubt it would've been nerfed though.

Diddy is really fast so peanut into grab is pretty safe.

Idk, sounds feasible, but I think just a slight bit more of hitstun on peanuts would make them much more useful. I would rather have more hitstun on peanuts than have 3 bananas. Glidetoss banana into grab is infinitely safer anyways. I just want it more useful if I can acquire them at any time, and be punished by it at any time.