Competitive Discussion

Baby_Sneak

In here, we discuss Everything pertaining to competitive brawl minus. Everything from which play style does a character excel in, to the best stage personally is discussed here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Gimme Onette and Peach's Castle back, and DK will destroy everything with his mighty arms once I start playing wifi.

That's all I can think of.

Baby_Sneak

Cool, but if you don't know what I meant I'll edit it. But, here's a example:
A good Falco would make sure his opponents stay playing his game, and keep control of the stage. However, against characters that has more range than him (Marth, Roy, Ike, metaknight, etc...), he has to rely on lasers and Dthrow ---> Dair/ Bthrow ---> whatever is needed to cover options and get kills. A good stage for Falco to do this would be the new port city, since the space allows Falco to pressure foes into jumping to be hit by a rising Fair.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
Cool, but if you don't know what I meant I'll edit it. But, here's a example:
A good Falco would make sure his opponents stay playing his game, and keep control of the stage. However, against characters that has more range than him (Marth, Roy, Ike, metaknight, etc...), he has to rely on lasers and Dthrow ---> Dair/ Bthrow ---> whatever is needed to cover options and get kills. A good stage for Falco to do this would be the new port city, since the space allows Falco to pressure foes into jumping to be hit by a rising Fair.

I don't know what game you've been playing but Marth has a hard time against Falco. Lasers have little to do with the problem. It's the reflector.

Also. I find Jigs to have a very hard time against squirtle. Y dat be?

Baby_Sneak

I don't know what game you've been playing but Marth has a hard time against Falco. Lasers have little to do with the problem. It's the reflector.

Also. I find Jigs to have a very hard time against squirtle. Y dat be?
Tbh, I was theory-crafting on what should happen, so my post doesn't have too much weight to it. However, about the reflector problem, I don't see how the reflector gives Marth a lot of problems. Pressure Falco and it's a wrap for that reflector. Don't even pressure as a matter of fact, just predict and punish with counter, or UP-b.

As a response to that question, I think its because squirtle can mix up his movement to make jiggly commit to something and punish, or pressure her with his unrelenting speed. But, idk I'm guessing :p I don't main squirtle

Gold_TSG

Marth actually doesn't have that much trouble against Falco. I certainly never have, and I've played some decent Falcos.

As for Falco, he has an impressive aggressive game that focuses way less on laser camping and more on staying in your opponent's face. I've vastly improved my own, and I can tell you now that Side B -> Dair offstage is way more deadly than most consider, especially after a high % forward throw.

Baby_Sneak

Idk about you guys, but I feel snake has one of the most potential for domination in the game. There's just too much you can do with his nades, his stage control is dumb, his air space control is dumb, his ko is even dumber, and he excels at neutral, as his tilts have range, priority, and knock back. His edge guarding can be crazy as well with mines, C4s, mortars, and nades everywhere too.

NEWB

Are you bashing snake? Snake is awesome! Keep in mind he also has a bad upb and is very easy to juggle and to throw him at his own mines.

Nair, that is why squirts beats Jiggs. If she is in the air, Nair counters her completely. She literally has no air approach against squirtle.

Baby_Sneak

Marth actually doesn't have that much trouble against Falco. I certainly never have, and I've played some decent Falcos.

As for Falco, he has an impressive aggressive game that focuses way less on laser camping and more on staying in your opponent's face. I've vastly improved my own, and I can tell you now that Side B -> Dair offstage is way more deadly than most consider, especially after a high % forward throw.
I hear you, Marth just has to pressure and Falco starts to crack, and about falco's play style, I say he can fit all of them since his kit is kinda well-round (his recovery is trash mix up wise)

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Idk about you guys, but I feel snake has one of the most potential for domination in the game. There's just too much you can do with his nades, his stage control is dumb, his air space control is dumb, his ko is even dumber, and he excels at neutral, as his tilts have range, priority, and knock back. His edge guarding can be crazy as well with mines, C4s, mortars, and nades everywhere too.
Despite all that, Snake is considered low B-Tier. He's a little too slow.

I'd like to see him get a better F-Smash and two new taunts.

Baby_Sneak

Are you bashing snake? Snake is awesome! Keep in mind he also has a bad upb and is very easy to juggle and to throw him at his own mines.

Nair, that is why squirts beats Jiggs. If she is in the air, Nair counters her completely. She literally has no air approach against squirtle.

If you read my post, you'd see that I said he has extreme potential to be one of the best.

Hmmmm, I feel like jiggly can weave in, bait, retreat Fair for that situation, but what do I know? I don't main either of these characters

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
Jiggly doesn't have much she can do besides Fair/Bair to stay safe at that distance. If you're gutsy you can toss out Pounds since they outprioritize most aerials (I think?). Other than that she just kinda floats there and waits for opponent's mistakes so she can punish hard.

NEWB

You said that his stuff was dumb. I read that part, well all if it, and it sounded like you hated snake. Last I checked, dumb is bad..... Am I out of touch or something?

Baby_Sneak

You said that his stuff was dumb. I read that part, well all if it, and it sounded like you hated snake. Last I checked, dumb is bad..... Am I out of touch or something?
when i meant dumb, i meant it in the same way vbrawl metaknight's UP-b, downsmash, and other ridiculously good moves

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
Snake is good, but not overwhelmingly so if you don't let him set up. And of course his stage control is good, he's the original stage control character. Against anyone who has decent spacing or projectiles though, it's gonna be harder for him. I haven't played the matchup much, but doesn't Shiek wreck Snake?

NEWB

Depends on the sheik, I think. She has to use her needles. If she doesn't, snake's tilts and jabs and aerials except fair are exceptional and good at making fighting him physically a pain. He would have to predict the sheik though, as his moves are laggy.

There is also his grenade plus shield combo. I'm pretty sure he is b tier because no one has played him well yet. I haven't seen a good snake recently, but my friend who was a monster Marth main in 2.6 was also a good 2.6 snake. Wish he wasn't so busy with life, or rather he has asian parents since he's asian, so no life. He'd give glyph and gold a run for their money at the very least.

Baby_Sneak

Snake is good, but not overwhelmingly so if you don't let him set up. And of course his stage control is good, he's the original stage control character. Against anyone who has decent spacing or projectiles though, it's gonna be harder for him. I haven't played the matchup much, but doesn't Shiek wreck Snake?
well, I was going to main him, but I was already too developed in Falco right now.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
I know a ridiculously good Snake.. Rukio is his name. Maybe i can get him in here and on the site for some matches.

Baby_Sneak

anybody has experience with Yoshi? I feel like most of his game is underdeveloped. along of lucas, G&W, and some other chars

NEWB

Those guys are really good man. I've spent time with them, and they are frightening when used right. Game and watch a little less though. He is very light and he gets shut down by shields. His aerials do, that is. The ones he uses to approach with.

Other Aether

Mediator
Yoshi is amazing. I'm working on Game and Watch atm.
He is very light and he gets shut down by shields.
Funny thing; that was the first thing I changed about him. G&W's power is supposed to lie in his smashes, so I made all sweetspotted smashes instabreak shields. Sounds OP, but it really isn't. Can't knock it 'til you've tried it XD

Gold_TSG

I play a pretty mean yoshi. I'm still not the best with consistently landing his uair, but that doesn't stop me anywhere else.

Baby_Sneak

Those guys are really good man. I've spent time with them, and they are frightening when used right. Game and watch a little less though. He is very light and he gets shut down by shields. His aerials do, that is. The ones he uses to approach with.
I play a pretty mean yoshi. I'm still not the best with consistently landing his uair, but that doesn't stop me anywhere else.
That's good and all, but what about their meta game so far? It's barely been anytime to develop anything since it's soo new (3-4 days) but I'm curious though.

Thor

Other Aether said:
Funny thing; that was the first thing I changed about him. G&W's power is supposed to lie in his smashes, so I made all sweetspotted smashes instabreak shields. Sounds OP, but it really isn't. Can't knock it 'til you've tried it XD

You should add some super armor to his smashes, or Jigglypuff shielding with a lead will mess him up BAD.