Can we get more official balancers?

Farkus

Retired
So apparently, I learned from Elliot the other day that the only people on the balancing team were Pin, Sammi, and sometimes Elliot. While I am sure they are doing their best, that is just not enough to properly balance the game. I have posted issues with balance in the game before and no one listened. To make it easier, can we just get more people with more experience on the balancing team?

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
So apparently, I learned from Elliot the other day that the only people on the balancing team were Pin, Sammi, and sometimes Elliot. While I am sure they are doing their best, that is just not enough to properly balance the game. I have posted issues with balance in the game before and no one listened. To make it easier, can we just get more people with more experience on the balancing team?
So I kinda get why those three specific people play test specifically. They fit the three levels of play you find in Smash (casual, mid, and upper-level). I just don't understand why there aren't multiple of these kinds of people in the dev team.

Also bugtesters are a thing that's needed because every single release since Pin picked up the Head Dev mantle, and even before that several when Thunda was at the helm had issues from the wrong images being used on the CSS, to game breaking bugs like DK and Olimar randomly freezing the game with no hotpatch even though, no, gamebreaking bugs shouldn't be in the game for weeks, let alone months or years at a time to the archive just flat out not having the correct or all the files. Minus quality control is shit and it has been shit since I joined the community and even before then. The dev team kind of had an excuse when it was small and the playerbase was tiny but the 4.0BC release was a clusterfuck and it was horribly disappointing since the dev team is more professional than it ever has been. Iirc, the main download had to be updated at least once and the netplay download had to be updated a couple times as well. I just hope the final release of the game isn't marred by fucking up the release of the game for the upteenth time.