Bring me your replays or ELSE

Glyph

Because I'm a big dummy, youtube link - http://www.youtube.com/user/DukeBattledrive

Something I've always shot for as an end goal for my youtube channel was a tool for new players to see some of the more advanced techniques available to their characters. And so far its worked great.... except its highly biased towards the characters I play since I have ready access to those replays. I WANT to see every character played at their best, or even just above average if other people can use it to improve. AND SO, I'm asking for YOU guy's help. Below is a list of the characters I have replays of and how many replays I have thus far. If you have ANY experience with those characters, play a game or two with them and get me a replay of it! Show off that character and why they're good!

The 'Wow Does Anyone Even Play These' Tier - These characters clock in with a hot ZERO replays thus far. They are the highest priority to get uploaded, if you see a character you play on this its on you to show how good they can be!
- G&W
- Samus
- Ice Climbers
- Wario

The 'Neglected Step Child' Tier - These guys have a handful of videos, but they're usually not exactly showing off their abilities or just otherwise not a great example (ie playing against someone who wins the game fairly handily or something). Its better than nothing, but I'd like to put a little more limelight on them.
- Peach
- Diddy Kong
- Yoshi
- Toon Link
- Metaknight
- Pit
- Fox
- Olimar
- Pikachu
- Lucas
- Marth
- Squirtle

The 'Couldn't hurt to add more!' Tier - Pretty damn well represented in their replays, but that's certainly not going to stop me from uploading more of them!
- Snake
- Ness
- Ike
- Jigglypuff
- Charizard
- Captain Falcon
- Wolf
- King Dedede
- Ganon
- Sheik
- Zelda
- Link
- Donkey Kong
- Bowser
- Mario
- Luigi

The 'I run the youtube channel look at me' Tier - Already a TON of these characters, but they're not exactly going to go away since I'm probably not going to stop playing them any time soon.
- ROB
- Kirby
- Ivysaur
- Lucario

Something you might be wondering is 'yeah I have all these replays, but how should I actually get them to you?' Well there's a few things you'll want to consider first.

-Make sure you're using the 1.01 patch codes and stages. ***IMPORTANT EDIT*** If you're NOT using 1.01, just send me the .pac character files you have that DO work with the replay with the replays themselves! This will save me the headache of hunting down the correct downloads and streamline the whole process so I don't just give up and go eat a pizza instead. I don't have any real means of recreating your personal codesets (and it would be very tedious to do so for every replay sent in) so please just use the base versions when possible. If you have a particular skin you use that you'd like to be shown in the video I'm willing to at least slap that in for the sake of keeping your replay as true to form as possible.

-Keep replays to 1v1s. I'm not really interested in sharing FFAs or even teams at the moment because there's simply too much going on to play a character as their intended a lot of the time. I'm sure I don't need to include this too but of course follow the base minus ruleset and keep items off as well. I'm also MUCH more inclined to watch a video if its on a legal stage (sorry Corneria) but it also gets bland seeing every match on FD. Mix it up some! There's a LOT of neutral stages out there, take advantage of it!

-Tag your characters! I include the player's tag in the title of the video, and if I get a replay with just that 'P1' or 'P2' above their name I won't have anything to go off of. If you want to be credited as anything other than your in game tag, just let me know when you send me the files.

Now that we've touched on that, actually getting the files is really easy. Just:
-Go into your replay files and move the ones you want to send to your SD card. I recommend ONLY moving the ones you want to send because their names can be fairly confusing.
-Remove your SD card and go into your minuery folder, before the 'pf' folder you will see a new 'RP' folder (replay of course). Inside THAT are the replay files. Just upload them to the site of your choosing and let me know to go grab them, from there I'll handle getting them actually posted.

Thanks for reading, hope we can get some better replay coverage!

NEWB

You won't see anything amazing out of G&W. He simply can't string together long combos. Samus has potential, but she can't really do anything amazingly anymore. IC's has bad recovery, but they do pretty well once they get going. Same with wario. I main a couple of the other neglected guys and I can get replays up, mostly against joenen.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
There was a good Samus and maybe a good Wario in that last batch of 200+ replays I sent you, IIRC.

I'll send in some new replays once I get some good ones!

NEWB

Hey glyph, what about the champion matches for the mirror match thread? It's unfair just to pin everything on you, but it makes a lot of sense to put those matches up. They will surely aid in teaching people how to play those characters. Is someone if not glyph willing to put up the matches?

Ferrous Faucet

A large part of why I joined this forum was to send you my replays! I'm sending you a private message.

Glyph you should put a link to your youtube channel in the OP.

Vauss

I don't see ZSS on your list anywhere, or are you including her with Samus? Anyhoo, I'll try to remember to save some replays next time, and you'll have some of my Zamus play

Glyph

Ferrous Faucet said:
A large part of why I joined this forum was to send you my replays! I'm sending you a private message.

Glyph you should put a link to your youtube channel in the OP.

Responded, and whoops yeah I GUESS that might be a good thing to include lol.

Vauss said:
I don't see ZSS on your list anywhere, or are you including her with Samus? Anyhoo, I'll try to remember to save some replays next time, and you'll have some of my Zamus play

Oh I just forgot ZSS, I think she's somewhere towards the middle for number of replays. So she's not in like CRITICAL NEED of replays but I'm certainly not going to send them away!

Vauss

Sanic seems to be not a part of your list either. Anyways, sent you a PM with a few matches

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I sent you 70-something replays over on smashmods.com.

Sorry I don't have time to sort them! If I find time later, I'll tell you the date/time stamps of the good ones.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
I can maybe try to get a replay for wario in this weekend... one thing though, how do i get a replay here??? XD

Glyph

Uploading Vauss' replays atm, had a desynch on the sonic one so you'll need to get me your sonic files if you want that one up. Bent I haven't forgotten about yours, I -might- be able to get them up tonight too but I'm about to play a different game so we'll have to play that one by ear.

You share the replay files like you would any other file! Iirc I gave a description on how to actually find them in the OP (or in a post I made here), and then from there you just upload it to any file sharing site!

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Glyph said:
Uploading Vauss' replays atm, had a desynch on the sonic one so you'll need to get me your sonic files if you want that one up. Bent I haven't forgotten about yours, I -might- be able to get them up tonight too but I'm about to play a different game so we'll have to play that one by ear.
No rush! I know it takes longer to sort through mine since I send in so many at once.

Glyph

I did, I actually PM'd you! I'd like to use it, but can you do 4 stock instead of 6? I try to keep everything uniform across the channel.

Seth

Oh, Sorry about that we instinctively change matches from 4 to 6 stock when we play I'll send you todays batch hopefully everything is in order

Saradi

Dumb question, but do the replays have to be player vs. player? I've had some great replays against like lvl6-7 cpu's and my two friends that also play bminus don't really play that much anymore.
Though the cpu fights are 3-stock and don't always last that long.. Idk sometime I need to scrape the bros together and make some replays.

Glyph

!!

Replays absolutely need to be against a human player, the idea is to show off people playing at the highest level possible and that can't be done against an AI for a number of reasons. Of course I can't expect every player to be the best in the world, but it goes a long way if it at least looks like who you're playing against knows what they're doing =p

EDIT: While I'm thinking of it, please keep the number of replays you send me in any given batch to no more than SIX. If you've got like 7 or 8 just unbelievable games of course I'm gunna take a look at them but more often than not I've found myself filtering down the larger submissions as to make it not so overwhelming, meaning I might skip over one of your favorite replays in favor for one with characters that are less represented. Make sure you're sending in the best of the best you can!

Saradi

Re: !!

Glyph said:
Replays absolutely need to be against a human player, the idea is to show off people playing at the highest level possible and that can't be done against an AI for a number of reasons. Of course I can't expect every player to be the best in the world, but it goes a long way if it at least looks like who you're playing against knows what they're doing =p

EDIT: While I'm thinking of it, please keep the number of replays you send me in any given batch to no more than SIX. If you've got like 7 or 8 just unbelievable games of course I'm gunna take a look at them but more often than not I've found myself filtering down the larger submissions as to make it not so overwhelming, meaning I might skip over one of your favorite replays in favor for one with characters that are less represented. Make sure you're sending in the best of the best you can!

Yeah thats understandable. I'll try to send in some action when I get the chance though its hard to get my friends to 1v1 me for.. reasons :p

Thor

I don't see Falco on the list at all... not sure where he is. I'll play more MK since he's in the neglected section [somehow I think Pikachu is probably moved up a little, but I'll play Pikachu as well], and I can try playing GnW, although mine doesn't do much more than look to bucket stuff and land 9s (then dsmash or jab people who try to punish). I don't think my Wario does much besides up+b (XD) and my ICs/Samus are pretty lame (I don't know much about playing ICs and my Samus is kind of Brawl-like).

If anyone's online on a Saturday or Sunday, give me the dates and times so I can make sure I'm available to play, so we can some extra replays up (of 1.01 and/or 3.3) before the WiFi goes down.

P.S: If I get better at Melee between now and then I might also try my hand at Fox to see if I can get some Fox vids made, but I'm not thinking that will happen.

Other Aether

Mediator
Just out of curiousity; we can use skins, but what about stage retextures and even completely new stages? No problem if I can't, I'm just wondering.

Glyph

Technically that's fine, but you'd need to get me EVERYTHING that's different from the actual release otherwise the games would desync on my end.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
I'll try my hand at some Falco, marth, wario and fox. Im not extra great with the last two but I've pulled some dope combos out my butt before. I'll do some wolf when I master that infinite sideb and his weird execution for a wavedash

Also are you running 3.3 now or what?

Thor

I made some awesome Samus combos (so did NEWB in our ditto) but I forgot to record them... I do have a pair of Falco dittos and two MK matches for you, and there should be a third [MK match], but I forgot to record that too : <. So what do I need to do to submit these? Attach it to stuff here? I'm guessing here, but I tried to attach what I think the replays might be, via: SD(F): -> PRIVATE -> WII -> APP -> RSBE -> rp, but it wouldn't let me attach stuff... what do I need to do to get these to you Glyph?

Also ditto Bashdemears's question: These are 3.3 replays I have, just so you know.

EDIT: Okay, you say "
Just upload them to the site of your choosing and let me know to go grab them, from there I'll handle getting them actually posted.
"
But I have no idea what this means. Do I need like a dropbox folder opened with you and I put it in there or what?

Lightning

Ikesexual
But I have no idea what this means. Do I need like a dropbox folder opened with you and I put it in there or what?
Upload it to whatever site you want. I would suggest you just put them in a rar as it makes it easy to download one then like 7. Once that's done, send the link to Glyph so he can download it. :)