Brawl- on Wii U

nomorehero

I'm hoping anyone can help me with an issue i'm having getting Brawl- working on Wii U.

I am loading it through Brawl custom stage and getting to the brawl minus menu, but my wiimote just shuts off immediately when the menu opens and wont turn on so I can't get into the game. I'm using an classic pro controller plugged into my the wiimote since i'm on Wii U, does anyone know why this is happening or a solution? No longer have my wii and this is the only way I can play.

Any help or info would be appreciated.

Ferrous Faucet

I had a similar issue, but I can't remember exactly how it all happened.

When exactly does your controller stop working? I had issues when trying to install the Homebrew Channel, and when going into the Homebrew Channel to try to start Gecko OS. At least, I think that's when it would happen. After running Gecko OS and getting Brawl Minus to start, I don't remember having any problems from that point.

You should try unplugging your classic controller until the game actually starts, that might help. I don't remember exactly how we got around this.

nomorehero

I load Brawl up and select stage builder, it runs the boot up screen and it takes me to the purple brawl minus menu with the launch game option and other options. the wiimote just turns off right when that menu opens and none of the buttons work and since the wiimote shuts off the classic controller wont work either.

Ferrous Faucet

That is the Gecko OS menu. I think that's when I had trouble also. I don't remember how we got past it. You should try unplugging any nunchuk or classic controller.

Ferrous Faucet

I want to help, but I remember having this issue and I just don't remember how we dealt with it.

Usually, we run Brawl Minus through the Homebrew Channel, and we don't have this problem. The only time we ran into this was when we were trying to reinstall the Homebrew Channel on the Wii U. It might have something to do with the Wii rebooting when you run the custom stage exploit, because that's what we were doing to try to reinstall the Homebrew Channel. If we start up the Wii U, go to Wii Mode, and then run Gecko OS from the Homebrew Channel, this controller issue doesn't occur.

So unless anyone gives you better advice, my advice is to install the Homebrew Channel on your Wii U and run Brawl Minus that way. If you need help, I or someone else here can tell you how to do that.

i remember trying out an older demo of project m, and it would do the same thing unless i used one of the old white wiimotes (the originals without motion plus). not sure if that's the problem here... but thought i'd mention it.