Brawl Minus Wifi Power Ranking (Revival?)

Ntut

Lemmy's Husbando
Okay, so I fished around the forums for a while then i stumbled upon an idea for power rankings for brawl minus and I taught that was a pretty cool idea. Unfortunately, it seemed the idea have died last year. So I was wondering if we can try to revive the idea again and see if we can get a tournament to put up the rankings of players. Maybe around Christmas a tournament can be possible?

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
A Christmas Tournament would be a splendid idea!

Joeybeta

The birdcario community member
Playtester
Next question would be would it be on via dolphin netplay or wii wifi.

vanity.

Hardcore will never die, but you will.
I like the idea. Show the skill of a good chunk of Minus players depending on their performance. A Christmas tournament is also a great idea!

Ntut

Lemmy's Husbando
When I get time, I will make a bracket and sign-up sheet. Is there a stable rule set yet?

Xentas

Some Minus Fan Who Likes Criticism
It sucks I probably won't be able to do this (can't change my internet's NAT type for online gameplay, I might be able to crash at a place with much better internet though). However, I love the idea. Make a Christmas Break-long style tourney or something?

Last edited:

Thor

I don't have a challenge... will someone sign me up? Just put my name/tag in as Thor.

Also, how do counterpicks work? In most tournaments, it is winner bans up to X stages, where X is the number of bans allowed -> loser choose stage -> winner chooses character -> loser chooses character.

Here, I see no mention of bans, and we don't seem to have a method in place for communicating the chosen character to the opponent.

Joeybeta

Playtester
Also, how do counterpicks work? In most tournaments, it is winner bans up to X stages, where X is the number of bans allowed -> loser choose stage -> winner chooses character -> loser chooses character.

Here, I see no mention of bans, and we don't seem to have a method in place for communicating the chosen character to the opponent.

Having had experience with this before, online tourney communication would typically be held in a chat room of sorts(that which I am uncertain how our TO wishes to approach this) so communicating bans would work out fine that way. As for characters, that really depends on online tourney specifics but the ones I've been in have gone by blind picks since you can't see what your opponent picks anyways.

In a nutshell, the format meta for online and offline tourneys have their differences, but still ultimately up to the TO's responsibility to make sure everything is written somewhere.

St. Lime

SGN | St. Lime
Well Christmas day would be awkward but I would really reaaaaallly like to take part! Sometime soon would be great though.

vanity.

Hardcore will never die, but you will.
Yeah, the date and time are a little awkward. I don't think Christmas day is a very good day to do the tournament. Maybe Christmas Eve or the day after Christmas. However, I would like to participate.

Ntut

Lemmy's Husbando
I don't have a challenge... will someone sign me up? Just put my name/tag in as Thor.

Having had experience with this before, online tourney communication would typically be held in a chat room of sorts(that which I am uncertain how our TO wishes to approach this) so communicating bans would work out fine that way. As for characters, that really depends on online tourney specifics but the ones I've been in have gone by blind picks since you can't see what your opponent picks anyways.

In a nutshell, the format meta for online and offline tourneys have their differences, but still ultimately up to the TO's responsibility to make sure everything is written somewhere.
Basically i concluded we will talk to chat during these ( I know there is a chat system in this website) So chat is not a problem. For bans, i was thinking of each player strike 2 stages then play whatever is left. As for date:
Yeah, the date and time are a little awkward. I don't think Christmas day is a very good day to do the tournament. Maybe Christmas Eve or the day after Christmas. However, I would like to participate.
Possible I may move it to the day after Christmas, since i too feel i will be busy on that date. We'll See.

Joeybeta

Playtester
I agree with the day after Christmas idea. If you need me to assist in any kinda way, feel free to let me know, I've gone through this kinda thing before. I can expand attention of this tournament on facebook even via making an event page, etc. :3

Ntut

Lemmy's Husbando
So tourney will be actually on the 24th starting around 6:00pm EST. However I'm not sure about time so this can vary around

Thor

Ntut so is this still occurring or is this merged with the other Christmas tournament that will be occurring on the 26th or what?

Ntut

Lemmy's Husbando
Ntut so is this still occurring or is this merged with the other Christmas tournament that will be occurring on the 26th or what?
How it was discussed, it will be held on 2 different days: Mine will be before Christmas and Pin Clock's after Christmas as of now

Thor

How is there only 5 of us for this, but 16 and maybe me for the after-Christmas one?