Brawl Minus 4.0BC: "Ask the Players!" Poll Thread

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
It's been quiet on the forum lately, huh? Well, how about we spark some discussion with Community Surveys? It can be interesting to see the opinions of many, instead of only those of the vocal few that you usually see.

All you do is post a Brawl Minus-related survey on Straw Poll or Poll Maker and link it here in this format:

Category: Sub-Category: Title of your Survey [who's asking?]

For Categories, let's start with "General", "Fighter", "Stage", and "Misc.". "General" includes anything inside Brawl Minus not related to Fighters or Stages, like Music, User Interface, Settings, etc., while "Misc." includes anything that is related to Minus, but does not fit into the other Categories -- like recent happenings outside of the game itself, such as Tournaments, Live Streams, Videos, external stuff like that.

Sub-Categories would be things like "Fighter Name", "Stage Name", "Feature Name", etc..

To make your Survey Title into a Link to your Poll: Highlight the title, click the "Link" button above your message -- it's the seventh button from the left -- and then Copy & Paste the URL of your Straw Poll into the box that pops up. Or you can just post the URL by itself, that works too.

When you make your Poll, remember to include enough possible responses, and do not word those responses in misleading ways. If there's a particular Poll you want to create, but...

- you're not sure how to make a good Poll for it,
- you want to Link a Poll anonymously,
- you're just too lazy to do it right, or
- you really want your Poll to have the "Brawl Minus" style template that mine have...

...you can contact me by posting here, sending me a Direct Message, or via the Official Brawl Minus Discord chat, and I'll probably help when I have enough time (as long as your Poll is appropriate).

Even with security measures like IP Address Duplication Checking, there is always the potential for dishonest poll-ees to falsely "stack" Poll responses by voting more than once from multiple different IP addresses. I can only ask that you "please do not do that" -- but some people will do it anyway, so just hope that you get enough Poll responses that the Legitimate votes outweigh the Illegitimate ones. Keep this vulnerability in mind when considering Poll results, especially from Polls with few respondents.

Finally, remember that no matter what our Community thinks, it's ultimately up to the Developers of Brawl Minus to decide on any changes to the game. You're welcome to disagree with them, but please respect their decisions.

NOTE1 : Straw Poll is easier to use, but Poll Maker offers many, many more options. One limitation of Straw Poll that you may run into is that you can only have up to 30 Poll responses, while you have at least 43 with Poll Maker. If you have a Poll that requires listing all 43 fighters currently in Minus, use Poll Maker.

NOTE 2: AFAIK, once you cast a vote on Straw Poll or Poll Maker Polls, you can not edit it, so make sure your mind is made up before you click the "Vote" button!

I'll index interesting Polls below. I will ignore Polls that are dumb or off-topic.
If any Mods want to add good Polls that I've missed to the list, feel free.

Last edited:

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Reserved Space (in case I need it later)

You can post now.

Last edited:

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I notice a severe lack of Pit, R.O.B., Bowser, and Waluigi in this poll.
There are 43 fighters in Minus, but you can only have 30 selectable options in a Straw Poll.

So, I left out these 13 characters from the "TOP 10 BEST" Poll...

01 Bowser
02 Ganondorf
03 Ice Climbers
04 Ike
05 Jigglypuff
06 Kirby
07 Link
08 Ness
09 Pit
10 R.O.B.
11 Roy
12 Snake
13 Waluigi

...and I left out these 13 fighters from the "TOP 10 WORST" Poll:

01 Falco
02 Fox
03 King Dedede
04 Lucario
05 Marth
06 Meta Knight
07 Mewtwo
08 Mr. Game & Watch
09 Peach
10 Sonic
11 Wario
12 Wolf
13 Zero Suit Samus

I chose the characters I did based on (in no particular order) personal experience, what I've observed here on the forums, what I've seen in Minus tournaments, and the results from the last Community-Based Tier List.

If you don't like the way I did those two Polls, feel free to come up with a better alternative. :)

EDIT: I found a better Poll site, poll-maker.com, that allows enough selectable responses to list all 43 fighters. Updated the first four Polls.

Last edited:

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Hey, I just found a better Poll site than Straw Poll -- Poll-Maker.com -- so hold off on posting new Polls or voting for a little while.

Gonna re-do the current polls in a better format.

OK, done. I made a "Brawl Minus" style template for Polls on Poll Maker, using the colors from this forum... I searched for a way to share said template, but it appears to be locked to my Poll Maker account. :/ If you really want to use my template, just ask and post your Poll in text form -- I'll paste it into the "Brawl Minus" template and post it here when I have time.

Nearly three days later...

Welp, this thread has been a runaway success. /s

Last edited: