Brawl Minus 3.3 Changelog Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Hello Brawl Minus Smashers!

It'll be a little longer before our next version is ready to be played, but we would like to give you something to look forward to: A glimpse at some of the major changes in our changelog! Please read over this as we continue to work on making Minus the best mod we can!

GLOBAL
Hitstun has been doubled.
Invincibility time on respawn and ledges has been removed.
Minus is now automatically in Lightning Mode, doubling gameplay speed.
cBliss has been added, everyone now has 10 costumes. This includes a Shadow the Hedgehog costume for everyone.
New CSPs, created by the man who drew Sanic Hegehog. For an example, look here: http://i.imgur.com/do2t7Zj.png

FIGHTERS
Mario
Fireballs
We have reverted them to how they have behaved in Brawl Minus 2.0, increasing their travel speed, deployment speed, and amount of fireballs Mario can have out at a time.
SideTaunt
Metal Mario’s taunt now takes 10 seconds to complete. This should prevent it from being usable in any situation ever.

Luigi
Random tripping has been reimplemented. The trip attack can no longer be canceled to compensate the trip attack's new power.
Super Taunt
Performing a super taunt input will now have him do his Final Smash.

Peach
Heart GFX have been added to all of her movement and attacking animations
Pluck
Bumpers, Hammers, Gold Hammers, Smash Balls, Pokeballs, Yoshi Eggs, Nana, Max Tomatos, Peach, Peaches, Pikmin, and Waluigi have been added to the item list

Bowser
Bowser now has 10% perma-armor.
Royal Rampage
The heavy armor has been removed in favor of the 10% perma-armor. In turn, his throws have doubled in power
Flying Slam
Horizontal momentum has been drastically increased. This should ensure the move always results in a Bowser-cide.

DK
Side Taunt
DK’s healing taunt how has heavy armor on it, and heals for 10%.

Diddy Kong
All of his grounded attacks make foes trip. Diddy may have been trippy before, but now he’s just bananas!
Peanut Popgun
The gun doesn’t even work anymore. Use it to blow up in people’s faces, hurting himself and everyone around him for massive damage.
Banana Pull
Banana limit has been increased to 5.

Yoshi
Yoshi now has 5 jumps.
nAir
YOSHIFOOT hitbox now comes out on the first 3 frames instead of the last 3.
Egg Roll
Egg Time increased from 3 seconds->60 seconds.

Wario
Wario attacks by farting. He can fart to fly around too. Sadly, no. I am not kidding.

Link
Bombs have been replaced with Deku Nuts

Zelda
Din's Fire
Din’s Fire has had its power doubled.

Sheik
Sheik's attacks are now fully cancelable at all times.
Sheik can turn invisible for 30 seconds with Up Taunt.

Ganondorf.
Gandouken
The gandouken is now performed by inputting a QuarterCircleForward motion+B (236B in fighting game terms)

Toon Link
Arrows
Fire and Ice elements have been removed. All arrows are now Light arrows.

Samus
bAir
Her bAir is now a reverse fAir. Same move, different direction. Now you can screw attack no matter which direction you’re facing.
Super Missiles
These have been reverted to how they behave as Ice Missiles in 2.X.6.
Bombs
Power Bombs now blow up instantly.

Pit
Angel Ring
Angel Ring has been buffed so the foe can never escape.

Ice Climbers
Nana is once again able to grab.
Side Taunt respawns Nana.

ROB
nAir
Hold A to make the move last forever!
Laser
Multi-laser has been reinstated and can now be used in the air.

Kirby
Copy
All of his copy abilities are doubled in power. He’ll send ‘em right back at ya for sure, yeah!

Meta Knight
Jab reverted to vBrawl
MK will now stay in Dimensional Cape as long as B is held.

King Dedede
dThrow
Reverted to vBrawl
Waddle-Toss
A new character has been added to the Waddle-Toss list: Escargon! When tossed, he will move extra slow, and can’t jump high, nor pack much of a punch, but he has a lingering hitbox much like the 2.X.6 Waddle-Dees. In addition to this, he can never go away! Litter the stage with Escargo and watch your opponents suffer!

Captain Olimar
Captain Olimar has been removed from the game.

Fox
Thanks to our dear friends at P:M, our Fox and their Fox are now one and the same, for the most accurate Melee feel.

Falco
Always preferring the air Falco can now float, ala Peach. In turn, Falco has lost all of his ground options, so take advantage of his floating abilities and work them to your very best!

Wolf

Blaster
Amount of shots fired increased from 3 to 5

Captain Falcon
Captain Falcon is now completely immune to projectiles, as he is equipped with a perma-Franklin Badge. Watch your foes tremble in terror as their pathetic weapons bounce off your manly chest as you knee them in the face for daring to think such things would work against CAPTAIN FALCON.

Pikachu
New passive ability: "Static." Any attack connecting to Pikachu has a 30% chance of putting the foe into stun upon physical contact.

Pichu
A newcomer to the game, Pikachu’s baby pre-evolution, Pichu! True to his roots, Pichu plays exactly the same as he did in Melee, packing just as much power as he once did.

Squirtle.
Being a smaller turtle, Squirtle now has 5% armor on everything to rival Bowser’s 10%. Watch him laugh at moves such as the Falcon kick.
Squirtle has now gained the ability Torrent, where over 100%, all water attacks increase in power.
True to canon, Squirtle’s weakness to grass attacks have been reimplemented.

Ivysaur
Ivysaur has now gained the ability Overgrow, where over 100%, all grass attacks increase in power.
True to canon, Ivysaur’s weakness to Fire attacks have been reimplemented

Charizard
Charizard has now gained the ability Blaze, where over 100%, all Fire attacks increase in power.
True to canon, Charizard’s weakness to water attacks have been reimplemented

Lucario
Aura’s maximum has been increased to 999%. Lucario will become 10x more powerful when he reaches that number.
New passive ability: Justified. Lucario only takes 25% knockback from Darkness attacks
Aura Sphere
Aura Sphere will now behave like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaBLXhI ... QqU9nZF1-g
Ultrataunt
Lucario can now perform the Ultrataunt to increase his percent to 999% at any percent.

Jigglypuff
RollOut
RollOut will now increase in power the more it is charged and the further it goes.
Rest
Rest will now heal Jigglypuff for full health.

Marth
All of his sword is tipper. Just a tip: To win, use your sword.

Ike
Ike can now cancel all attacks into Eruption while in No Sympathy mode.

Lucas
PK Fire
The travel distance for PK Fire has now doubled.

Ness
PK Flash
Now has a 1/8 chance of instantly killing the opponent
PK Fire
In order to buff Ness as a trap character, the columns of fire now never dissipate.

Mr. Game and Watch
Judge
Six and eight also give dihabilitating status effects
Endlag reverted.

Snake
Snake's Attacks can no longer be dodged when the Snake player plugs his controller into a different port.

Sanic Hegehog
All of Sonic's attacks are now taunt cancellable
Boost
Boost Attack has regained its hitbox in VS mode

Stages
Every stage is now Final Destination with a different background and platform texture.

I hope you are now ready for the next version of Brawl Minus, as we are just as excited as you are!

Have a good day, see you again soon!

PS: April Fools!

Lightning

Ikesexual
Pin Clock said:
Minus is now automatically in Lightning Mode, doubling gameplay speed.
Oh look. Minus has been named after me. How badass. :cool:

wow, you really do read our suggestions! this is almost exactly as requested.

kind of disappointed you won't be doubling wolf's fsmash range. and where's instant, spammable falcon punch? is marth's jab still going to change to a mini-hop Fair? will the 25 olimar-less pikmin still be able to fight independent of each other like i suggested, with the exception of the "swarm" smashes and pikmin chain tilts? i'm worried you might have overlooked some of our better ideas.

either way, SO HYPED.

this is coming out tomorrow, right??

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Best April fool's release ever.

so, when can we expect this? i've been refreshing the page all day. i haven't slept since the announcement.

i quit my job and cancelled a doctor's appointment to be able to download the update immediately. please hurry.

Lightning

Ikesexual
Guys, the first statement Pin made:
Pin Clock said:
It'll be a little longer before our next version is ready to be played

Lightning:

that could mean anything! :D this is serious stuff! :lol: we've sacrificed so much for it ;) and we WANT IT NOW! :mrgreen:

Thor

If this is real, I wouldn't download it... or I'd learn to modify files and download only Lucario, Samus, Donkey Kong, and maybe one or two other characters (ROB sounds fine... TL sounds better too).

Smilindeth

Besides Ness, the stages, and maybe the codes file (Not sure about the 2x speed yet), I probably would play it for a couple weeks at least if this did come out.
Do like the change to Ice Climbers since I have yet to see someone do well with them.
Luigi's change would make him more exciting since the PM version seems more Minus ready than the current Minus Weegee (besides the dash attack).
Peach clones for days and 1.6 Bowser was fun back in the day.
Since Olimar isn't fun to anyone I know anymore, this change might for the best since it made room for Pichu.

Smilindeth

The awkward grab, easily ledge gimped, most I've seen of current him played is Forward smash spam since it beats the priority of almost everything and up-b if someone approaches from the air. Doesn't help that we were spoiled with 2.X's Solimar and lazy pikmen that were both godly.

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
It seems like no matter how hard we try, our april fools joke gets taken seriously :( y'all need to have more faith in us then to believe in THAT changelog lol.

NEWB

Well, we have nothing to do but speculate. Even if we know this isn't a real changelog.

The other thing is that it wasn't that funny. Just very incredulous. Still entertaining, but the best jokes make you laugh. The best jokes also go all the way, and this would've been funny if this was an actually, but false patch.

You did have me going for about half of it btw.

Smilindeth

Didn't assume it was real, but my statement stands that I probably would play these changes. The perma-fire from Ness worries me, but the doubled game speed could balance that out until people get godly with his recovery.

"double hitstun" is what gave it away for me.

we'd be playing ten-stock matches just to fill a couple minutes. one jab and it's over, good DI or not.

NEWB

That aeemed odd to me. What gave it away to me was so many things getting reverted when they were removed for balance ourpises.

Status
Not open for further replies.