Bowser

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
This question is in regards to his side B slam.
Is it possible to alter the bounce so he simply bounces upwards, rather than up and back away from his opponent? I ask because it seems almost unnecessary for him to even be able to attack cancel out of it when the first time he uses it at very low %s is almost always the only time it will ever land the attack cancel, as after that opponents are knocked too far away for him to follow up. I figure if he bounces upwards rather than away, he can at least land a few more before they're knocked out of reach.

NEWB

Yeah, it was changed to hit further because you could chain multiple side b grabs. While I'll admit that was dumb, the fact that none of his attacks hit people anymore cuz they go to far makes the cancel out of place. Yeah, fixed my sentence fragment.

So is the intention for this to combo or not? Or is it simply there to slightly shorten endlag now?

Gold_TSG

I suppose that's true... But at the same time, could it be made to not chain side B somehow? Or knock them just far enough out of reach of side B, but not fair? I just feel like... Why bother with the cancel if it's useless past like 30%? Wouldn't there be better options?

EDIT: what if, for like 2 seconds after the slam, it acts like a missed koopa claw from melee, where it acts like a slash attack instead of a grab? Or something to that degree.

NEWB

That might make doing the koopa hop impossible.

Why not give it endlag, but only cancelable into aerials? That would work.

Of course, they would have done that if they wanted it to combo. The fact that it doesn't could be intentional, which is why I'm asking.

Another note, is that his alt up throw doesn't work right. People can seemingly be hit with it, but slip out off the top of his shell when they are beyond certain percent. Rob is very guilty of this. So basically, his alt up throw needs to link to the end correctly.

Gold_TSG

I've actually alerted Pin to that throw glitch already. It's weird with rob because it's so specific. It works until 51%, then fails up to 106%, then fails again after. It dud that against falcon as well, but I couldn't replicate it for more accurate study. The move just needs to be looked at.

I'm actually surprised they didn't make it only cancelable into aerials...