Bowser can't jump.

NEWB

But not explained though.

Devs, why is this? It's been around so long, I never asked about since it seemed intentional but it was never in a changelog as far as I know and I've never seen an explanation on it anywhere.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
You can drop back from the ledge and jump up if you really need to, but the way it works now gets him up onto the stage faster than if he just pulled himself up normally, which lets you attack sooner as well.

GaMeZ

Pulling off and jumping gets me very little height from the edge, which puts me in the same position. And if I jump twice and get knocked back, well I've lost my jump and am SOL. I noticed it's faster, but, why blow my ledge jump for a climb thats fast? Couldn't the climb be made quicker and keep my options open? I'm just trying to wrap my head around this.
Jumping is something I do a lot on ledges, and breaking the habit with Bowser is near impossible for me.

Baby_Sneak

Pulling off and jumping gets me very little height from the edge, which puts me in the same position. And if I jump twice and get knocked back, well I've lost my jump and am SOL. I noticed it's faster, but, why blow my ledge jump for a climb thats fast? Couldn't the climb be made quicker and keep my options open? I'm just trying to wrap my head around this.
Jumping is something I do a lot on ledges, and breaking the habit with Bowser is near impossible for me.
Think of it this way, jumping off the ledge makes you vulnerable to ledge guarders (they'll juggle you senseless, and bowsers strength is his ground game).