A Question to the Brawl Minus Team

Thor

For those who are unaware, I play most Smash games competitively [I would play Brawl if our area had it, I suck at 64 but enter the rare side events, in my local area I'm 15th on the Melee PR and ~5th on the PM PR - Smash 4 has no PR as of now, sorry]. I usually just enter as "Thor" but have been messing around with my tag [one tournament I entered as Bizzaro Falco (my Melee Falco is weird), at an upcoming one I'm entering as "Covergirl | Slayer | Thor" [an MN player named Slayer entered an event as "Covergirl | Slayer" and I'm trying to rep MN a bit (home state and I'm in IL right now) so I'm entering with his tag in front of mine].

However, I came up with a better idea: Why not rep Brawl Minus itself? I usually end up pretty deep in at least PM brackets, so on the player cam you'd have "Brawl Minus | Thor" advertised to all 12 of our twitch viewers [ok we've had over 100 before but viewership is usually small] and it would also be there for anyone who watches youtube videos of it later, PLUS the commentators might talk a bit about how it's a Brawl mod with everyone being really strong.

THAT SAID, I don't want to do something the dev team doesn't want me to do, so I'm asking: Can I use this tag in future tournaments, or would the dev team prefer I don't add Brawl Minus to my tag when entering events [lest I somehow give the game a bad name or something]?

P.S: I'm also planning to enter a tournament as "Darxmarx | Thor" playing as Kirby in PM, while rocking the "4Darx" tag (also strongly considering Snake/Ike/'Dorf), and using a "4owo" tag in Melee as Falco [I may have to bust out my Link or some of my other characters, but the plan is mostly Kirby and mostly Falco]. Is that ok with you @Darxmarx and @owo ?

EDIT: Cleaned up format, title, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
No objections here

Fivavoa

Uwaaaaa~~!
Playtester
while i'm not a dev, exposure is always a good thing, so abuse your position as much as you can for the benefit of minuskind

doesn't really matter where you end up, the name itself will spark curiosity so you're doing good in the end

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
Obviously, I am also not a dev., but exposure via this method would certainly help spark an interest in Minus. Make us proud, man. Also...
P.S: I'm also planning to enter a tournament as "Darxmarx | Thor" playing as Kirby in PM, while rocking the "4Darx" tag (also strongly considering Snake/Ike/'Dorf), and using a "4owo" tag in Melee as Falco [I may have to bust out my Link or some of my other characters, but the plan is mostly Kirby and mostly Falco]. Is that ok with you @Darxmarx and @owo ?
I would be honored. I don't even care what character you use (although Kirby is prolly the most fitting).
I haven't seen owo in a while. Hopefully, he'll see this.

Thor

When's Roy/Young Link with "4GA" tag?

I'm a Link main, not a TL main, and I don't usually play Roy.

Also, insert crudely drawn flow chart of "Are you Darxmarx, owo, Brawl Minus, or something with meaning not related to Minus?" -> [if yes] -> "You get a tag shoutout!" OR -> [if no] -> "Tough Luck"

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
I'm a Link main, not a TL main, and I don't usually play Roy.

Also, insert crudely drawn flow chart of "Are you Darxmarx, owo, Brawl Minus, or something with meaning not related to Minus?" -> [if yes] -> "You get a tag shoutout!" OR -> [if no] -> "Tough Luck"
ok