4.0b Ganondorf. Delivering crushing blows to your dreams.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
I know he's good. I made a few changes to try and make him even more intimidating to go up against and I feel that I've succeeded. Gandouken looks cooler and I'd like to improve on the function a bit, but being mapped to the neutral attack button just makes it unreliable since no one wants to use a 70+ frame projectile. That said, I'd hate to revert the move back to launching super scope blasts. The current Gandouken in my opinion could use a bit of a buff. A paralyzer would be really nice and actually somewhat canon to Ocarina of Time where he was paralyzing people with darkness waves. What do you guys think? I'm sure a full sword mode overhaul is out of the question, but I'm curious how everyone sees well... everyone.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I vote we port (and Minus-ify) BronzeGreekGod's Project Ganondorf, to have two different 'Dorfs on the roster:

[Twilight Princess] Dark Lord Ganondorf / Ganondorf (Fist/Sword)
[Ocarina of Time] Evil King Ganondorf / Phantom Ganon (Magic)

If that's too much trouble... What about this "'Dorf Train" idea of Gold's? I'd like to experiment with a fusion of that and SFWP.

In General, I think Minus 'Dorf needs to move faster, fall slower, and perhaps jump higher.

If "Grape Soda" Gandouken has to stay, can we angle it, like how Charizard can aim Blast Burn? That would make it more useful.

I still think that a smaller, less-damaging Super Scope 'Douken is worth a try. If we go that route, 'Dorf would need a reflecting move, too.

But then there's that issue where the orb originates from the wrong spot, instead of his punching hand...

Here are pics of Classic Gandouken, for reference. Man, the hitbox and corona on that thing were huge.

Last edited:

Turk Injaydii

Brawl Zeus Bandwagon-Rider
I vote we port (and Minus-ify) BronzeGreekGod's Project Ganondorf, to have two different 'Dorfs on the roster:

[Twilight Princess] Dark Lord Ganondorf / Ganondorf (Fist/Sword)
[Ocarina of Time] Evil King Ganondorf / Phantom Ganon (Magic)

If that's too much trouble... What about this "'Dorf Train" idea of Gold's? I'd like to experiment with a fusion of that and SFWP.

In General, I think Minus 'Dorf needs to move faster, fall slower, and perhaps jump higher.

If "Grape Soda" Gandouken has to stay, can we angle it, like how Charizard can aim Blast Burn? That would make it more useful.

I still think that a smaller, less-damaging Super Scope 'Douken is worth a try. If we go that route, 'Dorf would need a reflecting move, too.

But then there's that issue where the orb originates from the wrong spot, instead of his punching hand...

Here are pics of Classic Gandouken, for reference. Man, the hitbox and corona on that thing were huge.

Using Project Ganondorf to put Minusified versions of TP/Sword'dorf and OoT/Warlock'dorf is THE DEFINITION OF A NO-BRAINER!!!! Like, someone just make no-brainer an official word in Webster's Dictionary, and insert that definition.

That would be so many levels of epic. You've already got the permission. If 4.0f is the last official release of Minus, take as much time as you need and make it as epic as it can be. Passing up the chance to use this content would be a HUUUUUGE mistake.

Thor

The Gandouken isn't a real projectile in 1v1s. It is hilarious in FFA and probably has some niche teams uses [imagine if Ness could absorb it... can he???], but it's not gonna help him get not-camped unless we add some sort of projectile armor to it.

If the move gets a paralyzer, that's interesting, because then it'd make neutral b -> neutral b a combo unless the stun is not long enough, but then if they're grounded you get neutral b -> down b -> neutral b [you might be able to mash out of wiz kick grounding at low percents, but at high percents I think it's GG].

Honest, unpopular opinion: If Ganondorf were unchanged, he'd be fine. I know at least one original dev and myself [and others] heavily disagree with the nerf to Warlock Punch that made inputting it offstage accidentally a nearly guaranteed SD, but he doesn't actually have anything broken in terms of game design [no true spikes that don't belong, all his throws are useful for different things, all his moves do something except neutral B and the dev team insists that move remains garbage], so if nothing was tweaked, I would not mind.

The only change I really want to see that isn't something the dev team will never do [as far as I know] is gravity reversion [and that doesn't mean hitstun needs to be reverted, just gravity, although both would be fine with me as well]. His recovery didn't need to be any worse than it already was.

Turk Injaydii

Brawl Zeus Bandwagon-Rider
I'd like to see the Mage/Phantom Ganon from Project Ganondorf included into the game as a separate character, and for the current Minus Ganon to remain in the game mostly unchanged. However, there is one major thing about Ganondorf I feel should be addressed: his throws. The dude has 3 kill throws! Not 1...not 2...THREEEEEE....

On average, up throw kills around 120 off the top, back throw kills around 100 or less near ledge, AND front throw kills around 100 or less near ledge. C'mon guys, that's just too much. Alone, any of these throws is fine and not broken. But having all 3 is very unbalanced and simply too much. In my opinion, Ganondorf honestly shouldn't even have a kill throw. Everything else in his kit already kills extremely early in comparison to most of the cast. It would be a bit unbalanced in any Smash for a character that hits as hard as Ganondorf to also have kill throws; which is exactly why he doesn't have a kill throw in any other Smash...but Minus'dorf hits harder than any other Smash'dorf AND he gets 3 kill throws. That is incredibly unbalanced and it would be a great balancing decision to address the issue.

Last edited: