4.0b Aura (stuck at 1.0 knockback, 75% damage)

Xentas

Some Minus Fan Who Likes Criticism
Simple question. Was this just for the beta for quicker finishing of the programming, or is this now the new Lucario? Either way, I ask because his ULTRATAUNT (lol), in fact, ANY of his taunts, are now worthless with the change. Is that going to be taken out if it's intentional? Just curious.

Last edited:

Valravn

I thought Lucario was more fun to play with aura, but IMO he's arguably stronger this way. His moves never really stop chaining into one another, and you can just kill people off the top like normal. I hope it comes back.

Xentas

I would ADORE it to come back, as nerfed as possible if they want. If it comes down to post-editing Lucario in the beta/alpha, I am very partial to the Aura mechanic (you don't worry about getting hit as much, gets you a good survival game too, ultrataunt is one of the best moves in the game) and it's charms. Like say, it activates at 1.0 and slowly goes to 1.5-2.0., but you've gotta be a lucky man to get the highest potentials of the aura without the ultrataunt (that could be changed too, to be honest)

It does seem that Lucario acts like a regular character now though, all of his moves have their high percentage magic permanently (close combat is the BEST KO move I know in Brawl Minus, Pursuit is much better then Double Team, but it's low % lag is weird)

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Lucario's aura will be back for 4.0, and things will get crazier with ULTRATAUNT

Xentas

*gets innumerable counts of joy*