3.3, mostly vanilla

spacechase0

So earlier I extracted the 3.3 update (minus portrait version), made a few tweaks to the codeset and Kirby, and tried it. It works fine in Dolphin. When we run it on the actual Wii, it appears that the codeset works (default settings changed, different CSS arrangement, ...), but the filepatch code doesn't. Or at least, all graphics and characters resemble vanilla, so I assume that is the case.

I already made sure the hooktype was AXNextFrame. I remember reading about issues with >4 GB SD cards at some point... Is that the problem?

Previously we used Riivolution, but if I remember correctly I wasn't able to get BrawlEx working with that anyways, so I haven't even tried that.

Lightning

Ikesexual
If you're using an SD card that is greater than 2 GB, you need to use the SDHC Expansion code and use the Project M Launcher. Without either of those, you can't use an SD card greater than 2 GB.

And yes, BrawlEx doesn't work with Riivolution.
Hope this helps. :D

jelly

how did you get it working on dolphin? did you just make a melded ISO or is there another way

Overseer

If you're using an SD card that is greater than 2 GB, you need to use the SDHC Expansion code and use the Project M Launcher. Without either of those, you can't use an SD card greater than 2 GB.
Okay, how does one use the Project M launcher? ^^;

Lightning

Ikesexual
Okay, how does one use the Project M launcher? ^^;
You are going to have to download Project M 3.0 off their website. If you are using a larger SD card, you need to make sure you have the code SDHC code enabled. This can be found in the Minus download.

Homebrew(sorry, i've never used hackless..):
I forget where it is located, but it's either in the apps folder or somewhere else (I think i remember seeing something similar to it inside the pf folder too). You need to find a folder titled "launcher" or something like that.
This then needs to be dragged to the apps folder of your SD card.
Load The Homebrew Channel
Project M launcher should appear.

Hope this helps. If you do use hackless, I'll figure out how to set it up for you when I come back from class. :D

Overseer

You are going to have to download Project M 3.0 off their website. If you are using a larger SD card, you need to make sure you have the code SDHC code enabled. This can be found in the Minus download.
Thank you!
I'm using homebrew. I got the launcher to work now, but I must not have the SDHC code enabled because it (mostly) loads vBrawl.
I guess my next step is learning how to check if the code is on.

Sorry for being such a noob, lol

Lightning

Ikesexual
Thank you!
I'm using homebrew. I got the launcher to work now, but I must not have the SDHC code enabled because it (mostly) loads vBrawl.
I guess my next step is learning how to check if the code is on.

Sorry for being such a noob, lol
Check to make sure the setttings>hooktype>axnextframe.
And there's 2 code files in the folder codes. Copy the one titled: RSBE01.gct onto your desktop. Rename the other one to RSBE01 it should override the current one and give you SDHC expansion. (unless they changed it..)

Overseer

I used GCTEditor.jar to add the SDHC code from the text file, so I think the code is on.

There are two things in PM that could be the launcher and I'm not sure which of the two I should move to my apps folder. I tried both (when in doubt try everything =P) but that didn't work.

There is a folder called projectm in the apps folder for PM.
And there's a folder called projectm on the SD root. That folder has a folder called launcher in it.

Lightning

Ikesexual
I used GCTEditor.jar to add the SDHC code from the text file, so I think the code is on.

There are two things in PM that could be the launcher and I'm not sure which of the two I should move to my apps folder. I tried both (when in doubt try everything =P) but that didn't work.

There is a folder called projectm in the apps folder for PM.
And there's a folder called projectm on the SD root. That folder has a folder called launcher in it.
The folder called projectm in the apps folder should be placed inside inside the apps folder on your SD card.
Also try putting the one on the root of PM onto the root of your SD card.

Keep them in the same place and I'm sure it should work. :D

Overseer

The folder called projectm in the apps folder should be placed inside inside the apps folder on your SD card.
Also try putting the one on the root of PM onto the root of your SD card.

Keep them in the same place and I'm sure it should work. :D
I was busy yesterday so I couldn't say but I got it working.
Thank you for being so patient!