Brawl Minus - Forums

Lightning
Lightning
I've played through AC4, so I decided to go back to the beginning and play the originals. Currently playing AC1 and AC2 (mostly AC1 because that's the order, but I like AC2 A LOT more), but I'm confused on the whole Revelation and Brotherhood games. Which one do I need to play?
Kien
Kien
You need to play them both. Revelation deals with part of Altair's life as well as Ezio's. Brotherhood is a direct sequel to AC2 as far as I know. Also, Lightning you need to be on skype.
The Concept
The Concept
AC1 -> AC2 -> Brotherhood -> Revelations -> AC3
AC 2 through Revelations is the Ezio story arc and progresses the story of Desmond Miles as well.
Lightning
Lightning
Can I only play one of them though? Because I don't plan on getting AC3.
The Concept
The Concept
You're going to be only slightly confused if you pick Revelations over Brotherhood.
You'll be missing out on a great game if you skip Revelations. The story is just as important in each one, but based on gameplay alone Revelations is cooler. Brotherhood has a decent story to tell though and it picks up directly from AC 2. You not playing AC3 is inconsequential to the choice you make.
Lightning
Lightning
Since I prefer the story of AC2 (what little I've played of it), I should get Brotherhood. But Revaltions has better gameplay in turns of what? More side missions?
The Concept
The Concept
Revelations takes place after the events of Brotherhood, and you're still Ezio, but much older. The enemies I felt were tougher, unlike AC4, the customization was greater, the environment was superb and immersive, there are indeed side missions and they don't feel forced like some AC games. If you like the series, don't miss it
The Concept
The Concept
I've beaten it already on PC a long time ago, and I went to see if the program still worked and apparently I still had a side-story mission to do. Thought I'd finished them all. The notoriety system is one of the most cruel, and I enjoy it.
Lightning
Lightning
I've decided to get both.. Thanks anyway. :p
Kien
Kien
Kien is very angry with you, young lady.
The Concept
The Concept
Good choice.

Also, Kien is usually angry...so...you're fine...
Kien
Kien
Is that the vibe I that I exude? I'm just textually a fairly fiery individual. My normal disposition is only somewhat speckled with ire.
The Concept
The Concept
No, not at all.
'Twas a joke.
However, you're the one who got angry when she chose both.
Kien
Kien
Oh no, don't misunderstand. I was only angry with her because she was on here but not on Skype. There's no point in me being the Thundering Maru if she isn't around.
The Concept
The Concept
No point, or impossible?
Kien
Kien
Well... that depends on what comes first in an atypical storm.
The Concept
The Concept
Thunder is the effect of lightning.
Thunder cannot come first.
It'd be like the sound of me hitting a person occurring, then the muted action itself taking place after it. At best it's perceived at the same time, depending on the distance the waves need to travel and the medium through which it is traveling.
Kien
Kien
Note that I said atypical. If it were a fictional storm, that was created by imagination and derived from madness, could it happen then? Perhaps this storm plays out in reverse, where the rain is rising to the heavens?
The Concept
The Concept
Ah smart man, covering all your bases like that.
My old eyes had taken that as a typo.
No, if your mind is anything like mine, anything is possible. Even if each individual rain drop is electrically charged by the electrical current flowing through them, and electrocute the surface upon which it lands, creating a loud boom with each drop.
Kien
Kien
That would be an astounding sight to behold. Dangerous, but incredible nonetheless.