Surprise Announcement! Brawl Minus 3.Q!

Thor

Thanks for the notification Pin.

I'll probably drop back in around 6:00 to check out if it's ready, and if not then, well, I have an Magic the Gathering Standard event I'm going to (for those who know what that is, I'm running non-turbo fog Maze's End - the number of kill spells is so high, but it's better because abrupt decay = pithing needle answer) so I'll just check in tomorrow then.

But I'm glad I know WHEN to check in, instead of lingering like a cat that wants to be fed but doesn't know when dinner is. So, once again, thanks.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Is ROB really that big of a problem? I've only had issues with him stock tanking in teams. Otherwise, I consider him easier to handle than the speedsters (Fox, Falcon, ZSS, etc).

I would love you help educate you once the servers have started working again. Even the upcoming Rob build is still a terror with the minor nerfs.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
can we nerf rob's reputation? it's not like he can spam his way to victory.

that's a player vs player thing.. a player can overuse a move like shield breaker or side-bs, and that's (mostly) a tactic you can overcome, not unlike the source material.

But he can spam his way to victory. When you have interrupts on your attacks which come out frame 3-6 and cancel between 11-20 they're pretty spammable. When you have instant ranged shield breaking combos and 0 land lag followups and can go from air to ground and attack with a smash in 4 frames... It's not a matter of overcoming things. I've seen the frame data, I've applied some nerfs, I've beaten ROB with Link and Lucario. Not consistently but on at least 4 occasions. Link vs ROB is not in Link's favor just so you know.

1) I don't think ROB is much of a problem, and based on what Glyph's said, they're going way overboard on adjustments.

Glyph doesn't know what we're doing. I tried to get him to test the new build and he turned it down. No questions asked, so if I were you I would take anything he says related to new ROB with a grain of salt. Also, I don't see why it can't be said that ROB isn't getting his super new build out just yet. We're gonna keep working on it a bit longer.

Glyph

You do know I know all the changes on it, right? I've read the full changelist forever ago. This isn't me stabbing in the dark, I just know how rob works and how silly this rework is

either way, i look forward to this 3.q

so i have better idea of where some of these arguments are coming from.

and just because.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
When you have interrupts on your attacks which come out frame 3-6 and cancel between 11-20 they're pretty spammable. When you have instant ranged shield breaking combos and 0 land lag followups and can go from air to ground and attack with a smash in 4 frames... It's not a matter of overcoming things.
This does make ROB sound stupid. Why was this ever a thing?

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
This does make ROB sound stupid. Why was this ever a thing?

I don't know, but it is still a thing. Somehow people aren't seeing that as his problem. Or the fact that all of his attacks outside of Nair combo into fair. His tilts, jabs, dash attack, side smash, and bair all lead into fair. Somehow, it's okay for ROB to be fast as a close range fighter while being a spacer. Bleep bloop.

was unaware his startups were THAT fast... and no one in my circle uses ROB much at all, except for me... and not very often. and any other players that do has had to face my falco or zss.... force of vbrawl habit i guess...
maybe i spoke without enough valid experience, i just have not seen him as OP. just one of the top holyshitineedtoupmygameorpickagoodcounternow characters.

but what could remedy said pROBlems without dropping him into a low tier? shrink his fair hitbox? or what? i was totally onboard with the extra jump removal(s) and the lack of reflective side-b... but this seems tricky. ROB shouldn't be destroyed for being good.

your suggestions?

reworking must equal nerfing, in this particular case.

'announced' vs actual release time is assumption. and disappointed optimism.

but i digress, i'm bitching. apologies to the devs, but when you mod like this... people get addicted. addicts get cravings. and cranky.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
reworking must equal nerfing, in this particular case.

'announced' vs actual release time is assumption. and disappointed optimism.

but i digress, i'm bitching. apologies to the devs, but when you mod like this... people get addicted. addicts get cravings. and cranky.
I've been gone for 2 days and I am already suffering from Minus withdrawal.

NEWB

What? What's going on? I didn't know I was bringing my comedy A game! You can't rush genius! I'll have you know I've said some really funny things IRL. Just gimme a minute....

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
Every minute I get a new alert on this thread. :p