Surprise Announcement! Brawl Minus 3.Q!

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
The changelog and download will be released at the same time, as they always are.

Thor

Glyph said:
Because you can't personally exploit a weakness doesn't make it not a problem

I'm not saying it's not a problem, or that I can't exploit it (I remove some stocks from your ROB usually, don't I?), but that it's much more difficult to exploit than, say, Fox's is, because ROB can just outjump most of the cast and keep himself safe (and some characters have mediocre attacks for hitting those blind spots effectively, to avoid clanking/trading), and if he doesn't, he can run away (side+b movement) to quickly escape, and he can also use his laser to knock someone out of the airspace they need to be in to hit him there. With Fox, he can't just use an attack to cover his blind spot (same spot as ROB's, more or less), and he suffers from long combos a bit more than ROB, because Fox has a mediocre recovery while ROB's is fantastic, so edgeguarding hurts Fox much more than it does ROB.

Incidentally, if this wasn't a problem for ROB, I don't honestly know what other problems he even has at all (his recovery is good - if you're getting daired 3 times in a row you deserve to die (But MK can make it back anyway XD and Falco sometimes can too) and his recovery is still strong vertically (and ridiculous horizontally)). But I am curious what new problems you think ROB has in the new build...

Thor

Hey, devs, is this gonna be another midnight release? If so, please tell me so I can know to just download tomorrow...

PowerUp

Is ROB really that big of a problem? I've only had issues with him stock tanking in teams. Otherwise, I consider him easier to handle than the speedsters (Fox, Falcon, ZSS, etc).

Thor

If you have not fought Glyph, you probably don't understand why some people are so frustrated...

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I assume it's a lot to put together, last minute tests and such. Then the uploading itself takes time, and that's if they take time from life to do it. Patience brothers.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
If you have not fought Glyph, you probably don't understand why some people are so frustrated...
Nerfing a character due to one player is stupid though. There I said it. I've not seen one player play ROB at the level Glyph has and that's just because Glyph is a good player. I'd like to see someone else get as good with ROB but having read other forum posts and what I've seen with my own eyes that hasn't happened yet.

Thor

MegaSaturn99 said:
Nerfing a character due to one player is stupid though. There I said it. I've not seen one player play ROB at the level Glyph has and that's just because Glyph is a good player. I'd like to see someone else get as good with ROB but having read other forum posts and what I've seen with my own eyes that hasn't happened yet.

1) I don't think ROB is much of a problem, and based on what Glyph's said, they're going way overboard on adjustments.

2) Glyph himself has said he thinks ROB is third or fourth best in the entire game, and gives some characters a really rough time of it. That's pretty strong, all things considered.

3) It's about what the character can do - just because we don't really have a Lucario who plays a bunch of people and wrecks them doesn't mean we can't all see Lucario is really really good and either needs to be toned down or others buffed up (and they've toned him down so that you can counter him). [Jomo has shown us some of this.]

4) Gold_TSG's ROB is nothing to sneeze that, or so I've heard (haven't played it myself), suggesting it's not just Glyph, but that Glyph is indeed playing a strong character [because multiple people play ROB proficiently, though Gold_TSG is also a strong player].

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
I'm gonna stop talking about stuff I don't want in the update and start talking about stuff I do want. I want a buff to Peach's KO power. KOing bash's Puff and Darx's Kirby at 140% with Peach's MAIN KO MOVE is stupid.

That's not something that's happen just once that's something that happens consistently. I had to figure out that dash attack combos into Peach Bomber just to KO them somewhat more consistently.

NEWB

Chase offstage with Nair and fair. Both those options don't work against Kirby or puff well though.

Instead of blaming her ko power, you do realize that those are mismatches for peach, right? Even more so with puff then Kirby. She has a better shot against Kirby then puff because his upb is predictable and punishable when used to recover.

I will level with you that it's tough to KO with her when she is onstage. You HAVE to chase offstage to kill earlier.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Chase offstage with Nair and fair. Both those options don't work against Kirby or puff well though.

Instead of blaming her ko power, you do realize that those are mismatches for peach, right? Even more so with puff then Kirby. She has a better shot against Kirby then puff because his upb is predictable and punishable when used to recover.

I will level with you that it's tough to KO with her when she is onstage. You HAVE to chase offstage to kill earlier.
Really? Every character in minus has ridiculous recovery so this is way easier said than done except with maybe a couple characters I haven't played yet.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Hey, devs, is this gonna be another midnight release? If so, please tell me so I can know to just download tomorrow...

The changelog is almost completely typed up and almost everything is done and fully enjoyable, but we ran into a bit of a hiccup with one character, and none of our developers are around at the moment to fix it. (I have to work as well, gotta keep up the day job), so the release will be out later tonight.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

NEWB

Really? Every character in minus has ridiculous recovery so this is way easier said than done except with maybe a couple characters I haven't played yet.

That is why she has a higher skill curve. A lot of recoveries are decent but many characters can easily be smacked out of them with a well placed fair. Trading with Nair and peach bomber is also good.

If you are having trouble doing good throws, counter with toad and grab them. The stun will help you do this. Makes it easier to get those fthrows near the boundaries.

No worries Pin!

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
That is why she has a higher skill curve. A lot of recoveries are decent but many characters can easily be smacked out of them with a well placed fair. Trading with Nair and peach bomber is also good.

If you are having trouble doing good throws, counter with toad and grab them. The stun will help you do this. Makes it easier to get those fthrows near the boundaries.
Huh I haven't used the toad strategy you mentioned. I'll try that on Monday when I get back.

Glyph

Peach is completely deserving of a good bit of buffs. Her offstage game isn't good enough to merit that low of a KO potential