Surprise Announcement! Brawl Minus 3.Q!

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Hello, Brawl Minus players!

It's been almost two months since our last release, and I hope you've enjoyed 3.5, as I know we did, but now it's time for our next big step: Brawl Minus 3.Q!

mark your calenders, because this version is coming out JULY 25TH!

What can you expect this time? Changes. Tons of 'em. Balance changes, bugfixes, and even some new ideas here and there. I personally can't wait to show you what we've come up with, and hope you're excited too!

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
I will definitely have to see this. The hype from me is silent right now.
But I assure you it is real.

Baby_Sneak

yall running out of newfresh name titles..
jokes aside, ima be first for this joint

Thor

Wait, 3.Q? New Samus aerials (and maybe even a better grab)?

YESZ! (I'd put the pic but it's not about Captain Falcon so the word itself seems more fitting.)

Now I just have to hope Falco didn't get nerfed and that Pikachu didn't get some radical change that means I can't just play Pikachu like vBrawl Pikachu with some awesome buffs and no CGs (because thunderwall to edgeguard is a thing in Brawl, and bair is better here, but a lot of the rest is very similar).

if samus can even zair from a short hop... then i am optimistic.

but overall, fairly hyped here.

can't wait until july 26th. (ha..ha..justkidding)

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
I think I know the real reason Pin named it 3.Q..........

20140610115033!PersonaQBoxart.jpg
:p

Nope not at all you totally didn't catch me and my update naming shenanigans nope nope nope.

Brawl Minus 3.3 was called that because of Neon Genesis Evangleion 3.3, yeah I like playing with version names.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
if samus can even zair from a short hop... then i am optimistic.

but overall, fairly hyped here.

can't wait until july 26th. (ha..ha..justkidding)

That was never removed, even in 3.5.

NEWB

Ah. So these patches are no longer named to measure progress but random stuff? Awesome.

Final patch level should be 3.SPARTA!!!

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Ah. So these patches are no longer named to measure progress but random stuff? Awesome.

Final patch level should be 3.SPARTA!!!
Because going higher than 3 is just silly....

Thor

The final patch should be called "Brawl Minus 4.0 - quality is a solid A!" [not really]

I feel like I'm missing something much better than the above...

By the way, this will be put out in a format such that people who are total noobs with SD cards (like me) can just download a single thing, and don't have to put files in various places, right? I don't want to have to deal with trying to place files in various places and messing things up, which is why I ask.

NEWB

I hope so too. We always spend a say helping someone getting minus to work.

There needs to be a brawl portrait and minus minus portrait version for both 2gigs and 4gigs. The 4gig version should come with the minimaLauncher as well.

Does Rivo still wprk with minus? That should be thrown in the codes folder.

Thor

I don't think the SEP actually caused any problems, besides possibly making random stage select choose stages that were not turned on occasionally (which is not actually a very big deal at all, because LRStart is a thing).

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
I mainly want a way to easily mod the CSS background like PM's or a better CSS background in general.
Because, it looks so low quality to everything else. Especially when it is just spinning since I can see the white part of the background without moving c-stick.Other than that I'll be fine with any bufffs or debuffs. I just want a nice looking completely broken game.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I hope that Stage Expansion has returned. Last time I checked NEWB, Riivo does work with minus, even with BrawlEX. At least, I've gotten it to work.
If the gct and xml aren't there, I'll test and release one that people can add if they need it.