most underrated character(s).

tier lists be damned.
thoughts?

i say lucas. movement+power. so many possibilities. recovery still a weakness, but not overwhelmingly so.

snake seems disregarded by too many. side-b is the only turn off to me. slower rockets were more useful.

peach, is both over/under. better counter, slight power upgrade and she destroys.

oh, and pikachu. why no one like pika? thunder breaks broken.

game and watch. hitstun is apparently ALL he needed.

go.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Game & Watch, I want to see "MAXIMIZED". I enjoyed him in Melee and he was my wild card in vBrawl, but in Minus....I just don't feel the minus spirit with him.
Pikachu needs a little bit of a push, but he's okay, I guess. He can still win matches well. Kind of.
I need to fight a Snake main. That's all I need to say about him.
Peach does very well with practice and matchup knowledge.
Lucas has so much potential, I just personally don't know how to use it, nor have I faced a Lucas that could. Need to fight a Lucas main.
Done.

NEWB

Game and watch does indeed need something done. Hitstun is indeed his saving grace but Jiggs does everything he wish he could. His ground to air game is great but shields just shutdown his approach completely in my experience. I already talked about this.

Pikachu needs a tweak. Nuetral B spam is just stupid once you get hit once and it true combos into skull bash 95% of the time and then loops. I also can't help but feel that thunder is too strong when he already has really strong smashes. That's just me though.

Nah bro. Fast side b is great. He is a monster if he can space and avoid his own bombs.

I feel the same about Lucas as bash I believe. He is strong and has powerful combo finishers. His recovery really isn't that bad but he just gets gimped in the air so easily as long as his opponent watches for his side b recovery.

Peach is a matchup character. Or rather, she is character that is made to counter her foe, or at least try to.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
GW is actually pretty fine. I've been practicing him again, and he is scary as hell. I'd be more than happy to demonstrate online.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
I absolutely love Lucas, but I'm still learning him. P.S. to use Lucas, all you need is a little PK Love for the poor kid.

Snake can be monster when played right. I battled a few and struggled quite a bit. Stage control mainly killed my Kirby.

I agree with The Concept when saying that Peach is effective when learned.

Pikachu is really fun, but I only know of one person who uses him at least somewhat regularly. I might pick up Pika eventually.

I have yet to see a G&W played effectively, so I have nothing to say on that matter.

PowerUp

Zelda is easily the most underrated. I consider her a real contender for "best" fighter. It's easy to see why once you fight a skilled one.

Yoshi is definitely less dangerous, but also underrated and underutilized due to the high level of skill required to take advantage of his bouncing egg roll.

Thor

Darx I need to play you with my Pika later - I just have so much fun playing Falco versus most people and various others versus others (Ganondorf against you) that my Pikachu (Which is mostly just my vBrawl Pikachu making use of his buffs) falls aside.

Samus with her old (slow) fallspeed was SO underrated - I got so many "wow you have long combos with her" when I'd play people, win or lose. Yoshi is a wild card, and I think some underestimate Fox because we don't have any real Melee vets to use him.

I think ICs are underrated by some thanks to their new buffs, because they apparently still can do nasty grab tricksies (related to blizzard -> regrab apparently) and they also have a ton of tools and power, especially since one can't just repeatedly gimp Nana at like 20%, they either have to spike her properly or kill her off the sides/top. Not sure though, I might just like their non-CG form too much.

Spookyman

Zelda is easily the most underrated. I consider her a real contender for "best" fighter. It's easy to see why once you fight a skilled one.

I know my opinion doesn't mean too much here yet, but I can't believe Zelda is underrated on this board. Brawl is a game that's all about spacing, and Zelda can space better than everyone. I just got back from a smashfest that had Minus, and I'm gonna try to make it out to another one on Friday, but I can tell you that my Zelda dominated. Hopefully I'll get a chance to do netplay some point in the near future so I can try playing you guys, because I could just be a total scrub that doesn't even know.

Gold_TSG

People underestimated DK before I showed up here.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
GW is actually pretty fine. I've been practicing him again, and he is scary as hell. I'd be more than happy to demonstrate online.
I'll take you up on that.

Gold_TSG

Well, as soon as my net is stable, I'll let you guys know. We have the guy here fixing it.

Thor

Bashdemears said:
New
Wolf. Yeah you guys place him high tier but who actually mains him other than me?

Didn't I beat you in Wolf dittos?

I don't know if I actually underestimated DK too much - in old Minus he felt like a slightly slower but equally deadly Captain Falcon... though I suppose now people think DK > Falcon so yeah, Gold_TSG is really good.

I also want to play Gold_TSG's GnW when I get back home and can play Wifi. So many people to play, so little time...

Also, for the record, I think it's just Glyph who underestimates Zelda, but I may be wrong on that.

Thor

Welp, I guess when I get back I have to Wolf ditto you again, see how your Wolf's changed. I've heard your Puff is way better, I guess your Wolf probably is too.

NEWB

You can face my game and watch too Thor. His isn't that much better than mine from what I saw, not to be the guy to point that out. Of course, we were only doing mirror matches. Pin clock also mains him and is the current mirror master for him.

Gold_TSG

You can face my game and watch too Thor. His isn't that much better than mine from what I saw, not to be the guy to point that out. Of course, we were only doing mirror matches. Pin clock also mains him and is the current mirror master for him.

To be fair, a lot of that was because of our unusual lag. GW has a lot of air control, and to use it well you need to be in full control of the character. Any delays keeping you moving left and right can ruin a lot of his plays.

And the mirror match stuff shouldn't really be taken much into account to determine who's good with characters or not, especially when a lot of people (like me) haven't bothered going for more slots.

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
I don't really have time at the moment to elaborate on my opinions, but game and watch and pikachu are really really good, like not just underated good but like crazy good. Game and watch is ridiculous, a dedicated GnW main could destroy most characters on the roster by far, especially now that his food doesn't clank with anything anymore

Other Aether

Mediator
Peach is underrated. Yoshi is underrated. I could try to prove it, but my wifi is too laggy to even connect. I really should get back to the brawl minus scene (I've got characters just waiting to be coded), but my recent 3 week vacation kind of threw me off.

Baby_Sneak

I would say Charizard honestly. he has some nasty edgeguarding options, and some rock smash combos with grab as well. but, he's only slightly underrated though, as he is a big combo dummy, alot of his moves are slow, and easily juggled.

Also:
I think ICs are underrated by some thanks to their new buffs, because they apparently still can do nasty grab tricksies (related to blizzard -> regrab apparently) and they also have a ton of tools and power, especially since one can't just repeatedly gimp Nana at like 20%, they either have to spike her properly or kill her off the sides/top. Not sure though, I might just like their non-CG form too much.
The only safe, consisent, dmg setup they can do (from my experience) is Grab --> Fair ---> Squall Hammer ---> repeat. oustide of that, they require lots of execution to properly use desync AND keep nana safe as well to deal dmg. Also, they aren't combo chars, so they can really only rely on grab loops, Blizzard setups, and synced smashes lol.