jiggs did a waveland...?

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
I wish I saved the replay. I was playing glyph just now on FoD. Both last stocks over 100%. Im falling down onto the edge of the left platform while its at neutral height. Facing the left

What I input:

Down left, airdodge

What happens:

Something that looks similar to a waveland going off the platform.. with jiggs airdoging afterwards

Wutlol? I thought it would be possible that I just dashed off the ledge put I did not do the input. Jiggs dash animation doesnt go far enough either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thor

probably some sort of ledge-cancel to buffered airdodge

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
What's ledge canceling?
doing an aerial and landing on the ledge of a platform with enough momentum that you slide off. The result is, the instant you slid off, you're returned to neutral. Not really a bug but a result of the game not having endlag for such a thing.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
Here's an illustration!

SSBM_Jigglypuff_Ledge-Canceled_Bair_Into_Rest.gif

Jiggs going from Bair > ledge cancel >rest.

Ledge cancelling is especially useful to do with aerials that have long landlag, like Link's Dair or Bowser's Bair.

Additionally, it's particularly easy to do when the surface you're landing on is at a slope, such as Yoshi's Island/Story's edges. In Minus/Brawl, landing on a slope will result in a small slide, compared to Melee/64 where there is no slide (I think). So, outward slopes = easier ledge cancelling.

Thor

If Minus didn't add back in ledge-cancelling, it wasn't a thing in Brawl, but it's possible that you landed and immediately walked off without going into a walk or something... I'd have to think more about this, but it's not in Brawl so my original explanation may be lacking...

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
are the platforms in FoD slippery or is it just the main one? If so then I'd conclude it was the slidey buisness Tybis mentioned. If not then minus turned into melee for half a second.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
If Minus didn't add back in ledge-cancelling, it wasn't a thing in Brawl, but it's possible that you landed and immediately walked off without going into a walk or something... I'd have to think more about this, but it's not in Brawl so my original explanation may be lacking...
We use a gct code for it.

are the platforms in FoD slippery or is it just the main one? If so then I'd conclude it was the slidey buisness Tybis mentioned. If not then minus turned into melee for half a second.
I'm actually unsure about that. I think all floor types, except Ice, have the same traction, but I could be wrong.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Weird physics are weird. It's kinda like Sonic's super speed grab. If you do it, there's a chance both Sonic and the opponent will simply slide off the ledge despite being in the middle of a grab.