Kirby's dtilt

FirstaLasto

ファーストエイラストオー
The window for inputting the slide is way too small (its like what, 2 frames?). It's impractical to use consistently in a combat situation, which really makes it hard to enjoy using Kirby. The lucky time I get one off, I'm too suprised to combo off of it efficiently.
Does he really even need to retain the old dtilt? Why not just make it only the slide? If he does need to retain both, why not make the slide the long press, and the still one the quick press? Being that the long press for his dash attack is the farther reaching one (as well as the short press fighter attacks in superstar always being the shorter ranged ones), that only makes sense.

Just my two cents on the matter.

i use the sticks for the slide. works every time. tilt down, flick cstick down. hitting A rarely works.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
For me, the slide almost always works if I double-tap Dtilt really quickly.

NEWB

I use c stick plus down tilt to do it. Works 100 percent of the time.

I think the reason why the move isn't default is because not only does this move not always true combo with something but it banks off shields. I believe that leaves Kirby vulnerable. Regular dtilt is a safer move to throw out and doesn't need commitment IMO .

Glyph

The only reason I don't agree that this button switch should be put in is because of how convenient it is to do the slide with the c-stick method. Never fails, and you still have access to your regular dtilt anyway.

I could also get behind him just losing his standard dtilt in favor of the much more widely used sliding one.