crew battles

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
I'm in! :D

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Are you suggesting we use Stock Control / Crew Mode instead of Handicap?

If so, ehh... I think that code isn't widely-used or liked enough to replace Handicap.

...You're just suggesting we have some Crew Battles, aren't you?

NEWB

What are crew battles?

Also, I'd personally prefer stock control over handicap, as I don't even know what handicap does.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Handicap lets you set how much damage you start off with on every stock. It's been a feature since S.S.B. 64.

Stock Control lets you set how many stocks you start each match with. More details here.

Stock Control / Crew Mode may be impossible to implement anyway; as far as I know, the Project M codes that enable them were never published or decoded.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
We could only use it officially with their permission. But if someone wanted to take that code from their codeset and implement it in a custom build there's no way they could stop you.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
All of project M's codes were decoded...
Are they currently posted publically anywhere?

I'm looking for the Project M codes that replace Handicap with Stock Control / Crew Mode, plus the codes that replace Damage Gauge with Input Assist. I'd also like to know how to make that code change the number of buffer frames to numbers other than 0 and 3.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
Just suggesting we have some crew battles because they are fun.

Crew battles are when two teams of 3+ (usually five) pool all their stocks together in 1v1. If you go first and you beat the guy with two stocks left then, you dont regain the missing ones. Youll play the next match while only being able to to lose two stocks while he has four. Last team standing wins.

owo

NEWB

Stock control and crew mode aren't in there. Many other things are though.

Aside from a few cosmetic things I'll probably steal from here, I noticed that they have wall jumps set to only trigger via smash inputs. I think minus would benefit greatly from this! Certain characters like ivysaur and wario wall jump of ledges instead of edge hopping, which is really annoying. This would also let snake not sd EVERYTIME you get too close to the stage. Can this be implemented in minus?

Jade_Rock

Stock control and crew mode aren't in there. Many other things are though.

This would also let snake not sd EVERYTIME you get too close to the stage. Can this be implemented in minus?

I will test this now.I need this to work.EDIT:It works

Last edited by a moderator:

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
Any codes originally made by Project M are theirs, unless they give explicit permission otherwise.

NEWB

Isn't that what asking them is for? I'm pretty sure minus has plenty of codes that aren't originally made by the minus devs. Or is that wrong?

Lightning

Ikesexual
You do not have to remove the codes, even though they are not part of Minus.
Just know that they'll probably never be used in Minus because the PMBR is very.. secretive. They practically attack anyone who "decodes" their GCT and releases it to the public.

And a word of advise: do not use any code if you don't know what it does.