Melee shielding.

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
Are you also referring to the "light shield" that you get in Melee when you lightly hold the L or R buttons?

NEWB

You should probably rename the first option to melee shielding. Original shielding is first smash game technically.

Also, aren't our shield mechanics different from vbrawl? Someone needs to explain these things...

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I like the shielding in Minus as-is.

I do miss perfect shields reflecting projectiles, though.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
In melee you could move your sheild and it actually mattered. In vBrawl, moving your sheild has no effect on getting hit or not. If an attack goes through shields, it doesn't matter if you r shield is 100%, it will go through.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
No. I don't know this difference. Zeus shields can reflect perfectly. Moving a Melee shield sounds familiar, but...barely.

Thor

If by Melee shield, you mean shield lag, god no - 22 frames of lag on shield drop would just make shielding nigh-unusable or at least highly predictable (fsmashes generally push shield grabs out of range, so you'd HAVE to jump out for an aerial on most shielded attacks), instead of simply making it not terribly great unless you love OoS jump options (but can still shieldgrab certain attacks).

Actually I wouldn't mind seeing zero lag on shield drop (instead of vBrawl 7 frames) to make attacks ever so slightly less safe, even if you can't shieldgrab them at all [unless you're Dedede, who can shieldgrab some attacks others can't because of his huge traction and huge grab range].

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Is there a code that makes perfect shields reflect projectiles, but doesn't change how shields work in any other way? I'd like to try that out in my custom build...

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Is there a code that makes perfect shields reflect projectiles, but doesn't change how shields work in any other way? I'd like to try that out in my custom build...
It's in Zeus. I'll look into the codes.txt for it.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
If I find it, or do you want the whole .txt?

NEWB

Just that code I guess. If we know all the codes in zits, then posting txt would do just as well.

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
Actually I wouldn't mind seeing zero lag on shield drop (instead of vBrawl 7 frames) to make attacks ever so slightly less safe, even if you can't shieldgrab them at all [unless you're Dedede, who can shieldgrab some attacks others can't because of his huge traction and huge grab range].
Walk > Shield > Shield Drop > Walk > Shield > Shield Drop > Walk > Shield > Shield Drop > Walk > Shield > Shield Drop > Walk > Shield > Shield Drop > Repeat
Sounds like the taunt cancelling from Zeus. @Darxmarx knows this all too well.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Sorry guys. I'd use this code too if I could find it.
Turns out....There is no codes.txt.